■ F I V E ■

■ FIVE ■

This was in fact, not easy at all.

The first day after my plan had started, I almost halted the entire plan when I saw Caitlyn and James arguing in the school hallways.

She seemed furious and he seemed bored, like he'd done this a thousand times before. Turns out, Caitlyn was yelling at him for making her break a nail and not asking if she was okay.

I completely understood why James just rolled his eyes and walked away. It was stupid to think that someone like I could catch his attention when he barely paid attention to his already pretty girlfriend.

I was dressed up again today, and the boys on the football team had started noticing me.

They were constantly watched my movements and purposefully walking into me so my books dropped onto the ground. I noticed the boys tilt their heads when I had began to bend down to get them.

They were disgusting.

What I hadn't realise is that James had been watching these boys taunt me all day and when P.E finally rolled around, James finally snapped.

I was sitting on the edge of my seat as I watched for our coach. The class milled around, waiting. One of the football boys walked up to me and sat down next to me. "Wassup," he said, looking at me.

I was fairly certain he didn't know my name. "What can I do for you Brent?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Just wondering if you're busy this weekend.." he trailed off.

He seemed like the nicer out of the lot but Brent wasn't apart of my plan. "Why?" I asked, my tone just a touch harsh.

Brent leaned forward. "The guys and I are having a small party, was wondering of you wanted to come," he said, looking me up and down.

I gave him the best sarcastic smile I could muster. "Thanks for the offer handsome, but I'd rather burn in hell," I replied sweetly.

He narrowed his eyes. "Scram!" A curt voice said from behind us.

Brent and I turned our heads to see James push off the wall and stride towards us. With a sigh, Brent moved back towards his football pack while James took his place.

"You and I should talk," he said firmly.

"We have nothing to talk about" I replied before hissing as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me from the bench.

Dragging me down the hall, the gym doors closed behind us and he let me go. "Are you being incredibly stupid right now? Dressing like that," he snapped, gesturing to my leggings and sports crop.

"I'm wearing the exact same thing the other girls wear," I replied with a huff.

"That's the problem, those girls dress to be ogled, you don't!" He added, pacing in front of me.

"Just say it James, don't dance around the subject," I said folding my arms.

"Whatever stupied thing you're doing needs to stop because you have every single boy in this place eying you like you're a piece of meat" he said firmly.

I narrowd my eyes and crossed my arms. "Why, jealous?" I asked, tilting my head.

Suddenly, he turned his head to look at me and I backed up as he stalked towards me. "I do not get jealous, Cristina, there's boys here that could hurt you," he said as he caged me against the wall.

I shrunk back as much as I could. "They can try," I replied, talking braver than I felt.

"This isn't a game, Christie, boys think with their dicks, and if you keep doing whatever you're doing, you're going to get hurt," he said before stepping back.

"I'm not doing anything, I can wear whatever the hell I want because this is my body and my life and if anyone has a problem with it, they can stick it up where the sun doesn't shine, I snapped.

James rolled his eyes. "Yeah sure, of course, why hasn't every other rape victim thought of that," he replied seriously.

I froze. "What did you just say?" I asked, coldly.

"You don't know boys, you don't know what goes through their head when they see a girl dressed like that, spout as much feminism shit as you want, there's always going to be men that get the wrong idea," he said stepping away.

For the first time, I did consider actually listening to him.

But boys like James had beautiful girls hanging off his arms and I certainly wasn't that pretty. That's why I was dressing up and supplying make up to my face.

"You look so much better when you're not being a try hard Caitlyn," James said before walking back to class.

Had I underestimated James?

As I watched him walk back to class, I felt self conscious.

Not because I wasn't pretty, but because I had sunk down to a level that wasn't my own.

He was right, boys were leering at me and I suddenly knew what it was like to be a popular girl, and now I understood why they were bitches and turned their noses up at us smaller humans.

I went back to class and it was boy against girls volley ball. None of the girls seemed that eager to play so I played for most of them. When a time out blew from the coach's whistle, I walked over to my bag and grabbed my water bottle.

"If it isn't out own little hot thing," a sleazy voice said.

I turned around to see the football boys mill around me. "Excuse me?" I asked, wondering where the code of gentlemen went.

"Our boy Brent here says you turned him down," Curtis, the leader said.

"Stand down Curtis, you don't want to start something you can't finish," a male voice said, joining me.

I turned my head to see James wipe a towel through his sweaty hair.

He was shirtless and his eyes pointed straight at Curtis. I tore my eyes away. "Or what, pretty boy?" Curtis asked, sniggering.

James stepped in front of me. "Or I'll break that oh so important hand of yours so you can't finish the season," James threatened.

Curtis stepped forward also. "I'd like to see you try," he said before moving his hand back.

He punched forward but James caught his fist and twisted his wrist slightly, causing Curtis to swear out loud. "Like I said, stand down or else," James said calmly.

"Rot in hell!" Curtis spat.

With a sigh, James twisted his wrist and we all heard the big break before Curtis yelled out in pain. James dropped his hand. "Hey! What's going on over there!" The coach yelled.

"Say you broke your hand during sport or I'll break your other wrist," James said calmly, as I watched him.

Curtis whimpered. "Sir! I need to go to the office, I broke my hand while trying to hit that last ball!" Curtis called back.

"Good boy" James said as Curtis walked away.

I raised my eyebrows as the team glared at James before walking away. "You didn't have to go that far," I said as James turned his head to look at me.

"Yes, I did," he replied swiftly.

He began to walk away. "You're not my boyfriend, I don't need you saving me!" I called out after him.

He stopped and turned to look at me. "I had no intention on saving you, in no way am I the good guy," he said with a small smirk before disappearing into the boys locker room.

A/N

Ooo I think James has a scheme of his own to be pulled off. But what do you think it is?

Is Christie going to listen to him about the way she dresses?

What did you think of this chapter?
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, t xoxoxox