- 25 -

CHAPTER 25

A month had gone by after you finally opened up to Adrien and told him the truth about your feelings towards him. At first, Adrien had absolutely no idea how to deal with it, he didn't want to put you in any danger.

So he decided to prevent himself from seeing you. As Adrien and Chat Noir. Of course, you missed them. Every night, a small piece of your hope died when Chat Noir didn't show up at your window.

"Did I do something wrong?" You asked yourself as you lied on your bed, in your room. You sighed.

You heard a knock on your door and looked up as it opened. Your mother smiled at you and came in. She walked towards your bed and sat down.

"Ready for school to be over?" She asked. You sat up and nodded.

"So ready. I'm done with all the projects." You told her. She laughed. "I get it, it's hard. We've all been there." Your mother played with your hair as you sat quietly.

"Mom, have you ever regretted anything?" You asked. Your mother sighed as she let go of your hair.

"Get some rest, Y/n. Goodnight."

Your mother got up and quickly left the room, leaving you confused.

What did your mother regret so much that she couldn't tell you? After all, you did share everything.

You shook your head and realized your mother was right. You should probably get your rest.

You quickly lied down once more and tucked yourself into bed before closing your eyes and letting all your thoughts disappear as you drifted off to sleep.

✰ ✰ ✰

The next morning, you went downstairs to see your mother was already gone. She usually waited to make sure you were awake. You quietly continued on with your day and after you got ready you dashed off to school, an apple in your hand for breakfast.

Arriving at the school, kids stood outside in a large circle and you quickly walked towards it. Looking in, you spotted an akumatized villian, and Chat Noir. Pushing your way through the crowd, you managed to get front row.

Chat punched the villian as he got on top of him, knocking him unconscious.

He was bleeding, severely. Blood slowly dropped down his black leather suit and you felt your body take full control of your actions. You walked forwards and kneeled to Chat's level. Kids watched you, murmuring.

Chat's eyes met yours as you placed your hand on his right cheek, turning him towards you.

"Y/n."

You smiled at him.

"You're bleeding, Kitty." You said. Chat let out a small chuckled.

"Thanks for noticing." He joked. You gave him a playful glare.

"Funny. Where's ladybug?" You asked. Chat sighed.

"Vacation. Didn't wanna bother her." Chat told you. You nodded.

You looked around and pointed at a random student.

"Can you go get a health kit?" You asked them. They nodded before running off to grab the health kit from the nurse.

Chat protested.

"Y/n, really. I'm fin-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Shut your mouth and stay still." You pointed at him, scolding him. He closed his mouth and looked at you.

You felt a tap on your shoulder and turned to the student from earlier. They held the kit and you took it from them, thanking them.

You opened the kit and grabbed the alcohol pads. Chat kept his eyes on you as students around watched you two.

You ripped open an alcohol pad and slowly rubbed it against the skin on his face. Chat winced at the touch and you pulled away.

"You're a superhero. Suck it up, you feline." You strictly said.

Chat chuckled at your harshness as you pressed the pad against his face once more. Cleaning up the blood, you quietly helped the cat as others watched and murmured about your actions.

"Thank you, Y/n."

"If you wanted to ghost me Chat Noir, fine by me. Don't come to my place again. I don't need the heartbreak any longer. Goodbye." You spoke, fixing your bag and walking away.

" You spoke, fixing your bag and walking away