- 26 -

CHAPTER 26

"Y/n, please. I'm confused. I-"

"I said stay away Chat Noir. Maybe take a hint and actually stay away?"

Chat looked at you, his eyes hurt. You were unfazed.

You had enough of men. You were close to going gay.

"I don't understand what I did wrong! Can you at least give me a reason?"

"I hate you! I hate you, because I still like you. And I hate myself even more for letting you break down my walls. I left Adrien. I broke up with Luka, I'm leaving you. Everyone hurts me in one way or another, so why don't I just get a head start and get over it!"

The words came out of your mouth faster than you thought. Chat Noir closed his mouth. He looked at the ground for a second as if he was thinking about something.

Just as you were about to walk away, his head snapped up.

"No."

You turned to him.

"What do you mean by that?" You asked.

"I'm not leaving you. I know you feel hurt. I would never hurt you in any way, Y/n." He walked towards you.

You put up your hand, stopping him.

"This is too much, Chat. The pain would be ridiculous." You winced at your words. It scared you how true they were.

"Well, I'm not gonna put up some disappearing act." Chat said.

"Yet you still stopped seeing me for a month." You snapped.

"You kept track of that?" He asked. You scoffed, looking away.

"I've always kept track, Chat Noir. I've had an interest in you ever since we first met." You softly mumbled. But of course, he heard.

"I did it for the better of us." He spoke. You looked at him.

"Are you fucking joking?"

Chat Noir kept his eyes on you as you placed both of your hands on your head. You turned around for a second and took a deep breath. Then, turned to him once more and took your hands off of your head.

"I've had enough of people telling me they did something stupid for the good of our relationship. How is leaving someone good for them? It's fucking-"

You stopped for a second to think about how you would describe the feeling.

"Bullshit. It's fucking bullshit, Chat."

Chat Noir stayed silent.

"Alright. I'm sorry. I'll go. But Y/n. I've always felt something for you. And that's that." Chat Noir gave you a small nod before using his staff to get flown off.

You felt fine. But also hurt.

And you didn't want to.