34. say something

[ 34. say something ]
J E O N G G U K

count down to the end ):

▂▂▂▂▂

"Today we'll start with this exercise," Richards says, and in his hands are a stack of posterboard and by his feet is a tub of different markers. He hands them out to each one of them, giving them a smile that's starting to wear Jeongguk out.

"On this we'll be tracking your family trauma to discover where the cause of your homosexuality was rooted," He continues to explain. Jeongguk frowns a little, the skin between his brows creasing. He glances over at Jin, wondering what's going on.

"This is bullshit. All my parents were gay," Jin mumbles under his breath. Jeongguk stops himself from smiling at that, knowing the director would get angry at him.

"Start with you and your parents, then your uncles and aunts, and up to your grandparents," Richards says. "List beneath them problems that come to mind like alcoholism or if they're serving jail time. Any of this could link to your homosexuality, and also your counselors can help if they're more specific."

Richards tells them he'll call them back in thirty minutes. So for the rest of the time, he says they can work together and talk amongst themselves while following one of their rules: no 'campy' behavior. Jin immediately gestures Jeongguk to follow him to the floor where Will is at.

"You were outed huh?" Jin whispers, keeping his voice soft for the fear the directors would hear them. Jeongguk takes a second to realize he's talking to him. He nods stiffly, forcing himself not to think about that night.

"People here know how it feels," He waves at Will and sits on the floor. Jeongguk follows after him, guessing it won't hurt to talk to him. They all keep their space to avoid giving others the wrong idea.

"I wasn't outed though," Jin shrugs, pulling the cap off his marker. "My parents don't appreciate my alleged 'gender dysphoria' or whatever they say." He says, rolling his eyes and writing his name on the board in Korean letters.

"Why are you writing in Korean?" Jeongguk asks him, his gaze flitting over at Will for a second. He notices the boy staring at him, but once he looks at him, he turns his head back to his board.

"Piss them off of course. All I know how to write is Korean curse words and basic vocabulary and grammar so I might as well write "you guys are shit fuckers" in another language," Jin says, smirking.
Jeongguk raises an eyebrow at him.

"Won't you get in trouble though?" Jeongguk's still confused as he writes down his name in English. He follows his name with different branches out to his family members, though he gets stuck trying to label their 'problems'.