Part 11

Published: June 28, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

Katelyn was awakened by the ringing of her phone, with her eyes still closed she reached out for it but her hand only touched the mattress.

"Hmm, I still want to sleep." She complained and tried to snuggle back to bed, that is when she realized that her body pressed in a hard surface that moves.

"She flops in Jared's chest again. It's a good thing that he never pushed her away."

He did complain one time and told her. "It's good if your behavior while sleeping will be that when you are awake, so I can have a restful night."

She only answered him. "I'm sure if I sleep consciously, I will." Jared's reaction was just to shrug his shoulder, pointing out his defeat.

It had surprised her, though, because Jared has a reputation of being arrogant, and his dismissing her brush-off answer was so unlike him.

Maybe Jared had gotten used to seeing her waking up in a compromising position because he never complains. It seems like it has become a regular occurrence that if it does not happen every morning, he will miss.

"Answer your phone as I also want to sleep still," he growled like an angry dog.

So she raised her head and opens her eyes while removing the tresses of hair that covers her face to look at the now angry face of Jared.

"That is because you were late in coming home last night," she murmured to herself as she crawled back on her side.

She doesn't cower like before, just to see his back, and all her nerve endings are trembling.

Her phone had already stopped from ringing, but she still took it from the top of the bedside cabinet, and once she held it, she looked back to see Jared turning his back on her while pulling the blanket to cover himself. As if trying to tell her, "he will sleep, so be quiet."

She is not that insensitive, and so she will go out to answer whoever disturbed them from their sleep.

Katelyn checked on the missed call first and found out it was only Nicole.

"Why did she have to call me this early in the morning?"

"You better turned off your phone on weekends if you don't want to be disturbed," only when she heard Jared's voice answered she knows her voicing out her complaint.

She looked at the back of Jared and asked herself. "What was in him that let out the worst in her? She has never been outspoken before. Whatever opinion she has was always left at the back of her mind."

"Or did anyone hear it? Surely not, as only Jared told her, no one else."

She immediately gets up from the bed before she will repeat something, adding to her unladylike behavior.

She took her phone so that she can call back Nicole out of Jared's hearing.

She dialed her number while walking towards the terrace. In just two rings, she heard her voice. "Hello Kate, I'm sorry to disturb your beauty sleep, but I have to call you early before you make any plans for today,"

"Yeah, too early and its Saturday," she answered more of a complaint than statement while opening the terrace door to go out so as not to disturb Jared with her noise.

As she stepped out of the door, the pinkish light of the sky welcomes her. Reminding her that another day will start again, reducing her stay with Jared and making her heart skipped a beat.

But the warm breeze of the morning air made her temporarily forget her concern. She closed her eyes to feel it's warmth as it touched her cheek. The nostalgia of her time on the beach made her thought out loud. "Oh! How I missed soaking under the sun."