42 | real life

xlii

xlii. shop till you drop

Nancy stood in the wedding dress shop and looked over at her sister, who's back was towards her. Nancy cleared her throat, making her older sister turn around. Katherine smiled as soon as she saw Nancy, quickly walking over to her and pulling her into a hug.

"I missed you" Katherine mumbled.

"I called you yesterday" Nancy laughed, pulling away.

"I know, but it's not like seeing you everyday" Katherine said.

"I missed you too. Now, dress time" Nancy smiled.

"Please tell me none of the bridesmaids dresses are peach" Izzy said, making the Rhodes sisters both laugh.

"They aren't, don't worry. I'm not a monster" Katherine said.

"Okay, I'm going to try on some dresses and you guys can help me decide" Katherine said.

"That's what bridesmaids are for" Izzy replied.

"Help yourselves to the champagne, it's on the house for dress bookings" a woman said, walking past.

Izzy and Nancy exchanged a look, before looking over at Katherine.

"See you guys in a bit" Katie said, walking off and following the lady.

Nancy and Izzy walked over to the lilac couch, and both sat down. Nancy leaned forward and grabbed one of the champagne flutes.

"You got a date for Katie's wedding?" Nancy asked Izzy.

"I checked the box for no plus one actually" Izzy said.

"Really?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah, come on. Being a single bridesmaids is fun. Trust me. You check for plus one?" Izzy said, sipping her champagne.

"Yeah, I did. And I haven't found a date yet" Nancy sighed.

"Anyone in mind? Haven't heard much about your love life recently" Izzy asked.

"Ah, that's cause my love life has been non-existent" Nancy replied.

"So no one at all?" Izzy asked, intrigued.

"There's one guy, I guess but you know we haven't even talked that much" Nancy said.

"Um excuse me, do go on"

"He's just some guy I ran into at the recording studio, and we got to talking. That's all"

"Is he cute?"

"Yeah, I guess" Nancy said, grabbing the champagne bottle.

"Then why aren't you going for it?" Izzy asked.

"I don't know" Nancy said, filling her glass back up.

"You don't know? Is there a slight chance...this is about Sebastian?"

Nancy frowned and put the bottle down, before looking at her friend.

"Izzy, really? This is not about Sebastian at all"

"I don't believe you"

"Uh why not?" Nancy sighed.

"Because even if you won't admit it, I think you still have feelings for him" Izzy said.

"I don't, okay? Me and Sebastian are...were just friends. All platonic feelings, nothing else" Nancy said, reassuring Isabelle.

The look on Izzy's face showed Nancy that her friend didn't believe her at all.

"Izzy" Nancy said.

"It's just hard to watch you two push each other away and don't bullshit me about not having feelings for him. Yes, Nancy I'm aware you had feelings for him when you were thirteen but if I remember they lasted for a pretty long time after. You were gonna tell him you liked him in college and you never did. Yes, I remember you drunk on Sebastian's birthday. What was it? Like the senior year of college or something. and I remember what you said about him word for word" Izzy said, leaving Nancy lost for words.

"Well I'm glad I know how you feel, I guess. College was a long time ago, Izzy. And Sebastian's happy with Lola now, doesn't really matter how I feel anymore" Nancy said.

Before Izzy could say anything, Katherine walked out wearing a long ivory dress.

"You look...beautiful" Nancy said, standing up.

"You think? I mean I still have two more to show you guys" Katie said, walking over to the mirror.

"You look amazing, Katie" Izzy smiled, the two girls walking over to Katherine.

"You guys are getting way too excited" Katie laughed, running his hands over the skirt of the dress.

"You're my big sister and you're getting married. I'm allowed to get excited" Nancy grinned.

"I'm going to try on the next dress" Katherine said.

| |

Sebastian, Anthony and Chris all sat in a cab after they had landed in New York. Heading straight to Marco's hotel, Sebastian played with his phone in his hands.

"So should I go straight to her or should I call her first?" Sebastian asked.

"Straight to her"
"Call her first"

"Real help, guys" Sebastian groaned.

"Look, let's get a hotel room first and get settled in. Then you can talk to her" Anthony said.

"Yeah, okay" Sebastian said.

"I called Marco and booked rooms already" Chris said.

"Good, Okay. Do you know where Nancy is staying?" Sebastian asked.

"She's staying with Izzy" Chris said.

"And you know that how?" Anthony asked.

"Cause I was on the phone to Izzy earlier on" Chris said.

Anthony smiled at Sebastian, who grinned at Chris.

"What?" Chris asked.

"It's sweet, you and Izzy" Anthony said, making Chris roll his eyes.

A/N; wow it's been long