Chapter 25 - An early death

Samantha's POV

Right after Ce- I mean Sarah's sudden confession, the van pulled to a stop, and I was dragged to my feet. Distracted, I let myself be lead out of the vehicle and across what I absentmindedly came to realize was a pavemented road. 

At first, I didn't know what to say, and only managed to stammer out some half-finished sentences. I had no idea how to react. Should I feel shocked? Angry? Afraid? Happy? I didn't know. 

Wait a second! Does this mean that you-

'No... no, it doesn't,' Ce - no, Sarah  disrupted me and I frowned inside the bag. 

"You didn't even know what I was about to say!" 

'Yes I did,' she told me. 'I am still inside your mind, regardless the fact I'm not you. So no, Sam. This does not mean that I'm a god having come from the sky through an alien ship, about to give you divine superman-powers. Not even close.'

"I don't understand," I confessed and ignored the tugg from Sadistic 1, telling me to move faster. "How did you get there...here... wherever you are, then?" 

'The same people who have kidnapped you.'

I was confused. "Hunter?"

Ce- no, Sarah. Sarah basically face-palmed herself. 'No. Not Hunter. The ones who are currently holding you prisoner.'

Right, that made much more sense. 

"But how? I don't remember any of this."

'You weren't supposed to either,' she told me, very seriously. 'I helped us escape, but keeping you from remembering it was vital in order for us to not be captured again.'

A tug making me stumble forward had me loosing focus and I heard a door ahead being opened. Sadistic 1 pulled me forth and suddenly shoved me down into a chair. I felt my hands and feet being tied to it, then heard as the henchman left the room, the door closing ominously behind him. I did not like this, not at all. 

I sat there, still and silent, listening for any sound that might reveal what was happening. My shoulders tensed as I heard breathing to the right, just behind me, and I held my own breath. Not for the sake of hearing him better - and I knew it was a guy for a fact- or even to subconsciously make myself more invisible, but rather because of the awful stench that reached me, through the bag and from a person standing behind me a feet away. Really,  just wash your freaking teeth, dude, it ain't that hard. 

I don't know how long I sat there, but it felt like an eternity before the bag was abruptly pulled from my head. I squinted at the sudden harsh lighting as the room in which I was strapped to a chair was revealed. 

Everything was a sterile white, like in an infirmary. It was for the most part empty, barring a steel operation table to the right and me on the chair standing in the middle of the room, turned away from the door. Taking a closer look on the embalming table, I noticed it only carried some needles and strange vials. Well, at least I wouldn't be tortured anytime soon. I hoped. 

A door opened, startling me and I tried to turn my head to get a better look at the person entering. The binds kept me from moving, and the chair obstructed the view of anyone behind me. 

The person didn't say anything and so I didn't either. Ce... Sarah was also quiet, observing with a nervousness I'd never felt from her before. 

At last, the person came into view. It was a man, wearing a bright smile upon his lips, his eyes shining. He looked victorious. 

"Hello Samantha. Finally, we meet again."