Chapter Twenty-Eight

I was transfixed by the sight. Kain's body trembled in his half shifted form. It was terrifying. He was frightening. Weres didn't shift like that, it wasn't a form we used because that form was one controlled by our primal side. The Alpha was a standing nightmare. His body covered in patches of straggly fur, arms and legs mutated, head half shifted, eyes a cold blood red. Saliva dripped from his open muzzle showcasing long canines that snapped savagely at Pierce. His skin slightly split at certain points where his muscles bulged out a bit too much. Blood dripping from the open wounds quickly ensured that the entire room was covered in his scent, his Alpha aura in him forcing me to stay on my back. I didn't dare move.

He was what warriors told the disobedient pups about in order to scare them straight. Kain's form was the reason for humans to have warped views of our kind. He was the reality that haunted the night when a Were fully turned rabid.

I wanted to run, wanted to hide from this beast, this beast that wouldn't think twice before tearing apart his kind. However, I was rooted in place. Frantically my gaze shifted from Kain to Pierce. The Cat had been thrown into the wall, causing a hole in the drywall. His body strung tight as he snarled at the out of control Alpha.

My heart hammered in my chest as my eyes continued to take in the sight. The animosity grew as the two males glared at each other. I felt suffocated by the tension. My fear for Pierce climbed. Was he even strong enough to hold his own? Hadn't he struggled with the Beta?

"Pier—," Kain's growl cut me off and I instantly closed my mouth. I felt tears sting the backs of my eyes. The weight of the situation bared down on me. I hurt, and I was exhausted. Why was this happening? What triggered him? I'd seen his anger before, been on the receiving end of it, but this was dangerous, outrageous. His wolf was fully in control and I had no idea as to why.

"You fucking dog shit," Pierce yelled and my eyes widen as he shifted while lunging at the male. My heartbeat skyrocketed. My wolf ignoring the entire ordeal, uncaring over the fight happening around us. It left me feeling more distressed. My breaths becoming quick and unfulfilling.

The moment their bodies clashed the ringing started. The sounds around me drowned out. The sights before me distorting. I felt my wolf perk slightly at the change, but I was to busy, caught in the moment.

"Come to me."

My hands suddenly came up to clutch my head. Eyes bulging out of their sockets. I was unsure if it was a memory, a vision, or reality. Yet with the words came intense pressure, the ringing pulsating against my eardrums. I had to force my eyes closed against the abusive noise.

Why could I hear him?

I frantically thrashed my head from side to side, trying to stop the persistent ringing. I needed to think clearly.

"You always enjoyed being punished, I know you loved it when I sought you out."

He was here! His voice was so clear. My eyes snapped open, the ringing becoming louder as I felt my wolf slam his body against my mind.

I had to leave.

He was here. I could feel it, his scent was all over me. His voice, so close.

I looked over at Kain and Pierce. Their teeth were ripping into each other, blood splattering onto the floor and walls. Kain seemingly stronger than the Cat but Pierce smoothly dodged each strike, avoiding hits. They were engrossed in their battle. They needed to leave though, he would kill them too. Sweat started to drip from my forehead, palms saturated. My eyes moved towards the door. Why wasn't anyone coming?

"You are mine!"

My head snapped behind me where the voice had come from.

It was his face.