Chapter 3 : New Friend

"What do you need?" Jungkook asks with a grumpy manner, I wouldn't mind at all. I know it's a rare situation for him to meet a stranger.

I'm just overwhelmed by the fact that he is not afraid of me and that he is not collapsing. I guess my act perfectly worked.

"I heard it's your birthday?" I tried to make my voice sound deeper.

He sheepishly looks away but then he glances back at me with knitted eyebrows. "Yeah, who are you anyway?" His guards were up.

I started standing with my chest out but I immediately regretted it because my chest somehow gets visible so I went back to my original position, which is slouching a little bit.

"I'm Dea—" I stopped. Shit, I need a boy's name. "I'm Deonne, Deonne Fray." I forced a smile and I instinctively reached out for his hand.

He looked at my hand before shaking it hastily. "I'm Jungkook Jeon."

God, his hands are too soft but manly at the same time. I would love to hold it forever.

After that awkward handshake, I handed out my gift to him. "Happy birthday." I greeted.

He was hesitant for a bit but he takes it anyway. "Thank you." He smiled timidly. "Would you like to eat something?" He offers.

My eyes instantly glitter at him. I thought he was mean, but here he was, being kind enough to ask a stranger to get inside their house.

"Sure!" I chirped, and with that, he closes the door in front of my face.

What? Should I go home now? Is he really mean and grumpy?

I paced back and forth in front of their door while I think of an idea to get him out of his house again.

Later on, the door was opened again and it revealed Jungkook, holding a paper bag in his hand instead of the gift that I gave to him earlier. He then gives the paper bag to me. "What's this?" I ask when I finally got a hold of the paper bag.

"Food." He smiles.

"Oh, thank you." With that, the atmosphere was filled with silence, he is not saying something else. "So... I ahm." I struggle for words.

"Can I visit you tomorrow?" That was not planned.

"Why?" His forehead furrows.

"I really don't have friends here." At least I'm not lying. For the past twenty-one years of my existence here in our neighborhood, I never got a friend.

"Oh..." He sounds like he is pitying me. "Sure." He gives me a small smile and I mentally squealed at his reply.

"Okay, see you then!" I can't contain the excitement that travels around my body. He then nods at me before closing their front door again.

After that, I jumped like a kangaroo on my way home.

Jungkook's POV

That guy was strange. Where did he know that it is my birthday today?

He somehow rings a bell, but I'm still not sure. Maybe I saw him walking around the streets, he says he lives on the next street and that he has no friends in here.

I would love to invite him over but I'm afraid that my dad would go ballistic because I let a complete stranger enter our house.

I walk back inside my room to do my unfinished business. I was opening my gifts for today when that Deonne guy rang our doorbell.

First I opened Seokjin's present, it's a simple toy snake. That guy really doesn't know how to give a decent present to someone. I would rather trade this toy to the beef jerky that Seokjin gave to Namjoon. At least that was edible.

Next was Jimin's, he almost threw his gift for me outside when I smacked his head with a big empty bottle. He was furious but all of us laughed at how he reacted. He gave me pairs of socks.

While Yoongi didn't even bother to wrap his gift for me, not that I mind. It's just funny that he gave me a picture frame with his picture inside of it. What use does it have? Since he is expecting that I'll display his picture inside my room, I just placed it on my table. I shake my head as I find it ridiculous.

Hoseok's gift was pretty similar to Yoongi's. The only difference is that the picture inside the frame that Hoseok gave me is a photo of the seven of us. Now, this makes sense. I placed it on the frame next to Yoongi's.

Taehyung held a huge pillow inside my room earlier saying that it was his gift for me. At least I can find a use for it.

Namjoon gave me another book this year. He always tells me how enrolling at an E-School somehow lacks better information than what you can really learn in an actual school.

I always wanted to go to school again, it feels so lonely living here. I wish to be normal again, but I guess that won't happen anymore and I blame my mom for that.

Today she even sent me a gift, I wasn't curious about what's inside the huge box wrapped with a red paper, I told my dad to throw it away. He knows how I despise my mom, and I'm glad that my dad is on my side.

Looking at the gifts that my brothers gave me, I feel so happy. Although some presents don't make sense, I'm very glad that they always visit me on my birthday. They never miss it every year.

I somehow feel bad because I rarely attend their birthday celebrations because dad says they might have someone else to come over and he is afraid that it might be a woman.

I'm blessed to have friends like them because they understand my situation. I suddenly miss going to school with them.

I look over my bed and there is still one gift that is left.

Deonne's gift.

Should I open it?

I mean, I know I must not accept any gift from a stranger because what if it is a bomb? A magazine full of obscene contents? What if it is a photo of women?

I can't collapse again, not now that dad is out. I actually hate the feeling of blacking out.

As if on cue, my dad knocked on my door. "I got dinner birthday boy." My dad tells me.

I immediately took the box wrapped in red paper. His gift makes me remember about mom's. I tear the paper apart and I quickly open the box while dad is with me.

To my surprise, the items were not harmless. They're just simple shirts that fit my size and a bunny plushie.

I find Deonne's gift odder than Yoongi's.

Since the bunny is soft, I placed it with my pillows and I keep my new white shirts inside my wardrobe.

"Where did that came from?" My dad asks.

I smiled at him. "From a new friend."

"That's good to hear." He beams at me. "Let's go downstairs and have some dinner." He says and I nod.

But before going down, I looked over my window and saw that there is a light inside the window across to mine.

I heard the Foster's went out for a trip, I guess they left their one and only daughter around to keep bothering me from her window.

i hope everyone is doing okay inside their homes, keep safe everyone! we will get pass through this disaster. :))

xoxo vea