Cheer Captain Tries To Change The Game

Chapter 2 - recap

"Shit, what is she doing here? It's like nine!" The grouchy voice, belonging to Natsu, cursed under their breath.

"Sheesh, Fire Breath just take her home with you. No use asking an unconscious girl questions she can't answer right now," the second voice said.

"Yo Gray! Let's go! I have homework to do so let's get out of here!" The first guy yelled from farther in the school.

"See ya Pyro," the second voice called getting quieter.

I heard steps coming near me but I couldn't wake up.

"Let's go Mrs. Dragneel, I have to take you home..."

• * •

Chapter 3 - Cheer Captain Tries To Change The Game

I stared out Natsu's window as I lay with my back against his chest. I had only been this close to him like this a few times. They where always during the sleepovers we would have together, wether they where here in the apartments or at our old family mansions.

The stars and moon where bright white lights in the sky, shining down through the open window and casting the shadows of the window pane across the comforter. I heard Natsu's even breathing beside me. I closed my eyes and let his warmth and the sound of his soft breathing lull me into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up tangled in Natsu's arms, no longer cold but quite comfortable actually. I found it hard to get up for school. But I stood up and got off the bed yawning. I heard Natsu get up too.

"Best sleep of my life," I heard him stretching. I turn to look at him.

"How did you manage to stay warm in only those basketball shorts?!" I squeak.

He shrugs, "I am just a really warm person," he grins.

"Oh ha ha very funny. So, when are you planning on telling me our scenario?" I ask folding my arms.

He walks over to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders an whispers in my ear, "I'll tell you on the way to school, I want to see your reaction in the light,"

He pulls away grinning like a madman, and I was dying to know, just what was it?! I walked out of his room and out of the apartment walking to my apartment. I quickly changed into some new clothes and left Natsu's shirt tossed over my desk chair. Then I went back to their apartment and found Wendy up and Natsu was in the kitchen with her.

"We should have poptarts!" Wendy suggested.

"Yeah but those never keep me full till lunch..." Natsu shoots down that idea.

"Toast?" Wendy taps her chin.

"Nah, had that resterday," Natsu shook his head.

"Why don't we settle on cereal so we can go?" I ask making my presence known. I walk in and give Wendy a hug and run my fingers through her hair as I look at Natsu.

"That should hold you over and it's something Wendy likes," I add.

"Yeah, okay," Natsu nods his head.

Wendy grabs some cereal boxes from the pantry and sets them on the counter. We all grab bowls and pour ourselves some cereal. We all sit down at the dinning table and eat, rather quickly on Natsu and I's part. Once both of us finished we placed our bowls in the kitchen and I ran to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth.

I came out and signaled to Natsu I was ready to leave. He shouldered his bag and duffel and leaned down to give Wendy a kiss on the head. Then we began our walk to school. The morning itself was cool and quiet, and only a few cars rushed past us on our route to the high school.