Chapter 1

I made my way down the long and seemingly endless hallways of the main Soma house, walking to see Akito. Or...so  I've been told. I reached the door of which Hatori said where Akito would be.

I slowly opened the door, and looked at the room inside. The room was how I had remembered it to be, the dark and gloomy aura of the hallway leaking into the room as well. I saw Akito laying lazily on the side of the window, a bird on his finger. 

"A-Akito, it's me," I said to him meekly, shuffling to the middle of the room while trying not to make any disturbing and loud noises and then sat down, bowing to him on my knees. He turned around and looked at me, a look of un-amusement in his eyes.

"Oh, it's you." He said to me. He then sauntered from his window the the spot right in front of me.

"Y-You wanted to see me, Akito?" I asked him.

"Yes, you see, there has been a slight breach in the Soma's security," Akito told me while he was pacing around the room. "A girl now knows of the Soma's curse. I have allowed her to stay with Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure. But that's just simply not enough for me." Akito stood in front of me, his shadow covering me. I was so afraid. I tried not to shake in front of him. He then bent down and grabbed my chin. "That's where you come in." He said to me. He made sure his gaze met mine. "Now Yuki, Kyo, and the girl Tohru Honda are now going to the same school. I am sending you to their school every day and you will attend regular classes. But, your main objective is to keep an eye on those three. You will go to school every day, then come back and tell me everything that the three were doing. Understood?"

"Yes," I said in a calm voice. But the truth was, I was brimming with joy on the inside. Akito never lets me out of the main estate, so this was my first taste at freedom. My chin then was let go from Akito's grasp.

"Perfect, you begin school tomorrow. Now, leave my sights." Akito said to me. I got up as quick as I could make it seem like I wasn't rushing to get out. I went out of the room and shut the door behind me. It felt like I could finally breathe again.

Ever since I was a kid, I've been afraid of Akito so much. He made it so only him and Hatori would know about me. I was never allowed to any Soma gatherings or events, and I could never talk to any Soma except for Hatori and Akito. If I broke these rules I would be punished. That was that. That's because I'm the zodiac that nobody had ever heard about. The zodiac that nobody liked or wanted. The zodiac that is a pushover, a zodiac that would get picked on a lot. That was me. Akito found me one day and discovered my zodiac. He then locked me up inside this house.

I walked down the hallways to my room. Once I got there, I flopped down on my white sheets. I looked up at the boarded windows in my room. I remember how Akito had the window sealed up so no one would see me.

But that was about to change tomorrow. Tomorrow I was going to school, I got to meet other kids my age, I got to feel the sunlight brush up against my skin. Just thinking about it made me fuzzy inside.

I wonder what the three I was supposed to keep an eye on acted like. I know from Hatori that Kyo was the Cat and Yuki was the rat. Kyo was just like me I suppose. He wasn't accepted into the zodiac like me. To be honest, I didn't really like the other zodiac because of what they did a long time ago to my zodiac animal.