New and Old Friends

Kay nodded and followed the gorgeous agent into the conference room. How was he so hot and not married? He didn't have a wedding ring on but he did have a picture of a pretty blonde woman and a little boy on his shelf. Maybe he was married and they split up. That would explain the woman plus the multiple pictures of a little boy with dirty blonde hair. She wondered what happened that made them split up? 

Hotch opened the door to the conference room for her. That's the second time he's done that. Gentleman. Noted. She smiled at him and sat down in one of the many chairs around their round table. Round? Interesting.

She could totally fantasize the BAU as modern day knights of the round table. They fought monsters after all. Kay took a seat beside Hotch and soon enough the rest of the group filed in. The lanky guy who loved sugary coffee was first then the blonde lady and then the most gorgeous piece of molded chocolate Kay had ever laid her eyes on. Once they all sat down Hotch stood up and they all pointed towards Kay simultaneously. Hotch rolled his eyes at them and Kay smiled.

"Agent Travis will you stand up?" Hotch asked and she obeyed and stood beside him and smiled. "This is Kay Travis, she's the newest member of our team," He explained.

She waved her hand,"Howdy, Oh and please call me Kay or KT." She turned around nodded at Hotch to make sure he got it. She definitely didn't wanna be stuck on last names with him.

The gorgeous man stood up and smirked. "My friends call me Derek Morgan but you, honey can call me anytime," Kay laughed at the use of the old pick up line and shook his hand.

"I'll file that under consideration," she smirked back.

I'll also file you under G for gorgeous.

He laughed and claimed that she was a keeper. "Hi, um I'm Dr. Spencer Reid," The lanky boy introduced.

"Doctor? That's impressive." She shook his hand and he turned red even though she was sure that wasn't the first time he's heard that.

"Yeah, Yeah, boy genius with several Phd's and an eidetic memory and can read 20,000 words a minutes blah blah we've all heard it before," Morgan joked making Reid go even redder.

"It's nice to meet you Kay, I'm Jenifer Jareau but everyone calls me JJ," The blonde said. Kay shook her hand. Then the David Rossi walked in and her jaw dropped. "Oh Hi I'm-,"

"David Rossi it's so nice to meet you I've read like all of your books," She eagerly shook his hand and he grinned at her fangirl like eagerness. "Sorry uh I don't mean to sound like a groupie but I do enjoy your work." She clarified turning bright red at her actions.

"It's fine don't worry about it. Trust me I like having an eager fan every now and then that doesn't turn out to be a killer," He assured with a laugh. She nodded and turned and noticed Hotch was grinning at her but he quickly turned away.

"Okay if everyone will gather round we'll get start-,"

"Sorry I'm late but looking up child predators isn't exactly my favorite pass time and I-," Garcia turned around and froze when she saw Kay. "PG?" Kay asked.

"KT?!" Garcia ran up and threw her arms around Kay not knowing and not caring that everyone in the room was looking at them like they'd lost their minds. "Oh my gosh I haven't seen you in so long it's not even funny," She said whilst squeezing Kay tightly.

"I've missed you so much Hot Stuff!" Kay replied. When you finally broke apart everyone was just staring at them. Kay blushed again.

One day I'm gonna become an actual adult and I won't blush at everything.

She mentally scolded herself. "Um PG and I knew each other when I was at The Academy and she was just straightening up then," Kay explained.

"Oh my goodness are you still dating that guy from counter terrorism?" Garcia asked. And Kay scrunched up her nose in the memory of her Ex boyfriend Caleb Janson.

"No uh he cheated on me with Janice Ricky," Kay said shyly.

"EW! I never liked him anyway sweetie it's his loss," She placed a reassuring hand on Kay's shoulder.

Someone coughed and it brought the two back to reality once again. "Sorry," They muttered and sat down.

"Okay... now that all that is aside we have a case. JJ?" Hotch motioned for JJ to come up and he sat back down beside Kay. Kay pretended she didn't notice when he glanced towards her.

"A series of children have gone missing in Hartsville, South Carolina," JJ pressed a button and the faces of ten kids appeared on the screen. "Each was seen going to school and coming out but they never make it home. All different ages ranging from first to fifth grade and all different ethnic groups. One white, Two Asian, One Black, and One Cherokee Indian."

"How do they know they're connected?" Reid piped up. She clicked another button and a note appeared on the screen.

"One of these was delivered to each house.

"You don't deserve them. They should be mine, They all will be mine. Know that you'll never see them again. Don't even think of looking for them. Don't force me to take action. I will always care for them."

Hotch turned to them, "Wheels up in twenty."