Chapter 27.1

Hello! I know! I have completed my model exams and I only have my finals left! Let's say, I am pretty stressed about it.

Also, Aries is eligible for wattys this year. Guess who is excited? It would be amazing if you could support Aries as much as you can by sharing it.

And to those who have inkitt account, it would be amazing if you could log in to that and vote for Aries via your website (not mobile version)

********

Cain Black grinned as the phone call ended. He just stared at the screen for a minute before throwing it on the bed of the room he had booked.

Training as the next beta was hard, especially if he was going to be a beta for a spoilt brat like Ethan Verir.

Just remembering that male caused him a headache.

Another message popped up. He glanced at the screen which showed him a message from his sister saying that a new family was joining their pack that day.  

Another message beneath it was from his girlfriend, his mate, Aurelia asking him when he would come home.

As much as he wanted to reply to his mate, he wanted to run and howl to the world about his happiness.

His friend Warren was having twins!

Both were girls and Cain could not wait to spoil them. After all, Likira had said that he would be the godfather of one and her friend, Zahra the godmother of the other.

Leaving the dim-lit room, he locked there door behind him. When he got to the reception, a female was standing in front of a computer.

"Beta Cain Black," he said. "Inform your officials that if they want to meet me, I have gone for a run."

The female who belonged to the North Pack nodded and made a note of it.

Leaving the complex built for visitors, Cain shredded his clothes before he morphed into his black wolf, that blended well with the night.

When the full moon graced him with a smile, he took off.

He ran the vast expanse of the grasslands this North Pack shared with the North Tribe.

Winds blew through his fur and the earth was solid and firm under his paws.

He did not know for how long he ran, but he occasionally paused to howl into the night, the happiness in his voice could not be unnoticed any anyone.

They were his friend's twins, but why did he feel like he was going to be an uncle to them? Not to mention, Likira was in fact, considering the name he chose.

Cain was a male who loved to star-gaze. And when Warren had told him the news that his mate was with a child, Cain had simply stared at the night sky and suggested the name Lyra. Would that not be a perfect name for a girl?

Only if he had a child of his own. Aurelia had said she was not ready and she wanted to live. Was she not living then?

Sighing, he trotted next to the stream that gave water to the flora and fauna of the grasslands. As he drank a few gulps of water, he saw something white and yellow shine beneath the waters.

Whining, he jumped into the water. That was all he knew.

**********

He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a high wall that had vines climbing over it with difficulty. Those vines had bright yellow and purple flowers. And hidden among them were the white flowers. He pressed his snout against the white flowers and sniffed.