Eleven: Oh No

Percy P.O.V:

Correction: I had them where I wanted them. Just my luck that everything would go south. I mean, what else do you expect? Allow me to set the scene:

It was a beautiful, blissful morn. The sun was streaming through the skylights and the soft, yellow curtains that adorned the French doors. Blueberry pancakes drizzled with honey were set at the table, on a white table cloth. Bowls of sliced grapefruit sat at each place setting and pink champagne-filled the crystal flute glasses as soft cello music whispered through the halls...and then my dumbass cousin crashed through the skylight, onto the table, spilled the champagne everywhere on the white table cloth and set the cello on fire all the whilst screaming about the economy.

Okay so maybe not that dramatic, but you get the idea. Also, I don't drink champagne because 1) I'm a minor and that's irresponsible, 2) I'm surrounded by minors and I'm supposed to be teaching them and we all know what the third reason is. But, in all fairness, my dumbass cousin did crash into the breakfast table.

Either way, I was generally pleased with myself that morning; my nightmares had been less terrifying and more confusing (I like the confusing ones better because then I'm not screaming), I had the kiddie team right where I wanted them and Diana had restocked my ice cream. All was well in the Land of Percy.

I walked into the kitchen, happily ready to eat rocky road ice cream for breakfast. The children were already there. They looked slightly nervous, but as to be expected, considering I totally kicked their asses just the day before.

M'gahn shuffled nervously but opened her mouth to speak. Probably to ask a question. She was very rudely interrupted by my dumbass cousin.

All the lights flickered and the temperature dropped several degrees. Oh no. Was the only thought my brain could produce as a scream echoed in the cave and a flailing body fell onto the dining table, snapping it in half.

"Nico!" I yelled. Marching over to the rubble, I grabbed the pale hand that was sticking out, reaching for assistance. I pulled him to he feet. He was dressed in his usual black on black on black outfit. His hair was coated in a fine layer of table. A slight grin graced his features.

"What? Can't I visit?" He asked, quirking his eyebrows. I smiled inwardly. Ever since Nico had started dating a certain son of Apollo, he had brightened tremendously.

"No," I said flatly. I lightly glared at him. He brushed it off.

"Oh come on. Percy Jackson the preschool teacher. Come out with me and have some fun. Ditch the kids, they can fend for themselves." That struck me. Nico may have brightened up a little, but he still does everything with a purpose. That purpose never involved any fun. Especially for me. Sure, he could visit, say hi, spar a little and then tell me whatever he came to say, but he certainly wasn't going to come out here just for 'fun'. Not to mention the crashing into the table thing. Nico was never one for flashy entrances. Dramatic, sneaky, make ya jump entrances, yes. But not flashy entrances. Not out of control entrances. I tensed, my hand brushing Riptide in my pocket.

"Cristo," I told him. If it was Nico, he would catch the reference. After all, he was the one that got me hooked on the show. He would stand tall and make his eyes flash black. It had become our running joke since we found out he could.  This Nico, however, did no such thing. He cocked his head and looked at me.

"What?" He asked, confusion in his eyes. I looked at him closely; there, in his eyes, was the slightest sheen of gold. Eidolons.

I looked back slightly at the kiddies, trying to see if any of them were in the way. If any had a vantage point. If any of them were in immediate danger if I didn't act. Long story short, it wasn't looking good. I forced my back to loosen and plastered a smile on my face. I had to tread very carefully. If this monster commanded Nico's full skill set, I could be in real trouble. I took a step forward, placing myself between Robin and Nico.

"Oh, nothing." I lied to him. "Just a little tickle in my throat." I took another step forward so I was completely in front of Robin. I began to tap put a pattern on the back of my thigh. --·  ·  -  ---  ··-  -  . I tapped this on repeat, praying Hestia that Robin knew Morse Code...

Robin P.O.V:

Watching the interaction between Percy and the strange boy that crashed into the table was fascinating. After Percy's 'cough', her mood had changed, her posture had become more forced. She hid it well. If I could see her face I'm sure it would be a perfect mask.

I studied her back, which looked ridged even through the heavy sweatshirt she never went without. Then, something caught my eye. On the back of her leg, her right hand was tapping out a pattern. At first, I had thought it was simply nervous fidgeting which Percy had shown a habit in, but this was a pattern. She was trying to tell me something.

I watched her movements closely. --·  ·  -  ---  ··-  - . G E T O U T. My eyes widened. I looked at the rest of the team, slightly frantic. Percy was trying to get us to leave, and more than that, she was trying to get us to leave without alerting the strange boy that she wanted us to leave.

I caught M'gahn's eye. I gestured to my head, tapping it, telling her to establish a mind link. She looks at me confused but obliges. I feel a warmth wash over my head.

Mind link established. I hear M'gahn say. Robin, what is going on?

We don't have time to talk about it, but you need to get the rest of the Team connected. Percy is sending me a message behind her back. We need to leave. I think she views this guy as a serious threat. I told her urgently. Her eyes widened and she nodded. She closed her eyes and I felt the rest of the Team enter the mind link.

What is going on? Who is this dude?  I heard KF think. The rest of the Team erupted in a jumble of thoughts.

GUYS! I screamed in my head, making everyone flinch slightly. They shut up.

We need to leave right now. Percy is sending me a message in Morse Code behind her back.

What does this code translate to, Robin?  Kaldur asked. It was a fair question, but I could tell Percy was stretching, her conversation with the strange boy getting thinner by the minute. She could only stall so long.

The message is 'GET OUT'.  I think she views this guy as a serious threat. We need to leave. I told them. Just once I hoped they listened to me. Of course, on a team full of heroes, what else could I expect.

No, we need to stay and help. Percy's good but she's not that good. If she thinks this guy is a threat we need to take him out. Together.  Of course, it was Artemis. It's always Artemis. I heard a chorus of agreements.

No! We need to leave!  I argued. This led us into a debate. Our argument was cut short by a laugh.

"This is too cute." The strange boy commented. I saw Percy go ridged. She wasn't hiding her tenseness now. She gripped something in her pocket.   Something has changed.

"Really, it is," the boy continued. "Should we stay, should we go? Ahh, what do we do??! Honestly, I feel like I'm living in a Clash song. Either way, your time is up." Percy got into a battle stance, one that I'd never seen before; and that's saying something. Her face was set and her eyes were sad; as if she hated what she was about to do. Out of her pocket, she pulled a plastic, blue ballpoint pen; the kind you get at the Dollar Store. What the hell was she going to do with a pen?

"All of you, get behind me and make your way to the Zeta Tube. Find Diana, tell her that there's a situation." I looked at her in surprise. I had never heard her talk with such force. Artemis and KF looked like they were about to step in and argue that they should stay, but the strange boy cut them off with a bone-chilling laugh.

"Aww. You're trying to save them. That's so cute. And hilarious. Percy Jackson, trying to save someone." Percy looked like she just received a blow to the gut, her eyes wide. The boy cackled.

"She's right though, Kiddies. You should've run when you had the chance." The boy thrust his hands out and just like that, we were surrounded in darkness.