Alternate Ending [ 02 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

CAMILLE

"Rise and shine, Artemis." Clint's voice yells, making my head ache, "You're not going to die on us now that it's all over, are you?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if she did." This time, it was Tony who speaks, "She loves to disappear after a fight, doesn't she? First, it was to figure out her powers, then it was to join Coulson, next it was turning to ash. Maybe this time she's giving death a try."  He comments sarcastically.

My head rings and everything sounds like it's been amplified, much like a hangover.

"Please stop yelling." I groaned, bringing a hand up to clutch my head.

My eyes flutter open just in time to watch a huge portal- much like one of mine but edged with iridescent lights instead, coming to a close.

That's when I notice a pair of arms cradling me. At first, I just assumed it was Clint, but then I notice him looking down at me, along with the rest of the team who stood around me in a circle.

They wore similar expressions, their lips tugged into a smile and eyes, red and puffy as if they've been crying.

Finally, my eyes landed on the face of the person who held me and immediately, tears started welling up in my eyes.

"You done napping yet?" She asks with a wide smile.

"Nat?" I choked, "Oh my god."

No amount of words could describe the relief and joy that I've felt in that moment as my sister smiled down at me, alive and well. 

I prop myself up despite my body's protests for me not to and throw my arms around her, hugging her as tightly as I could and never wanting to let her leave again.

"It's you." I mumbled into her shoulder, "You're alive."

"Thanks to you." She replies, "I've missed you, sis."

"I've missed you too." I say as I pull away from our hug to look at her, "But how?"

"We'll figure that part out eventually." Tony shrugs, "For now, you did good, Tinky Winky."

"Are you kidding me? She did amazing." Bruce beams as he looks over at Nat, "She made the Avengers whole again."

"Ugh, get a room." Tony rolls his eyes, making me snicker.

Just then, Thor straightens up, his shoulders going stiff with shock as his eyes start welling with tears.

"Thor?" I call, "Are you alright?"

I follow his gaze and finally, spot a certain God of Mischief; who I was told had changed a lot since the last time we've crossed paths.

"Loki?" Thor croaked, "Is that really you?"

Tears glistened in the eyes of the God of Thunder as he rushes forward to embrace his Brother.

It was clear how his brother's death had affected him. 

"It's as I've said, Brother." Loki says, with a chuckle, "The sun will shine us again."