Chapter Three

I stormed out of the apartment, anger consuming me.

Kody was an asshole just as I suspected. I'd be damned if I'd give him any piece of me or my child. I could do this on my own.

I would do this on my own.

Gosh, it was just like him to chalk this up to sex. A normal person would think "hey maybe this girl that I had sex with a month ago is coming to talk to me because I knocked her up"

But no. Kody was just all sex, everyday sex. It was a wonder how he ever got anything done.

I didn't notice my tears until I felt the wind blow against my skin. It was getting colder now and the wetness against my cheeks was making me shiver.

I quickly wiped my face. I wasn't going to let Kody Vincent make me cry. Not in this lifetime.

Wiping my face one more time I took a seat at the bus stop.

My phone began to buzz and I pulled it out quickly seeing Macy's number. I answered it, hoping she was out of class and could come and pick me up. She was the only person I knew who had late classes on a Friday.

"Bitch." She said the minute I answered the call.

I rolled my eyes. Clearing my throat so she wouldn't hear the tears in my voice, I put a smile on my face. "Hey Mace." I said.

There was a crash in the background. "Don't 'hey Mace' me. You didn't tell him."

I widened my eyes. "How do you know?"

There was more background noise and then, "Idiot. You're an idiot, you know that right? He called me asking what your problem was. He said you ran through his house, threw a fit and then left."

I groaned. "He was having a gang meeting. Did he tell you that? Damnit Mace, I thought all that gang shit was a rumor. But no, I walk in his house and it's full of guys smoking weed and talking about jobs that they're going to do. I can't bring a kid into that. I won't do that to my kid"

"Hey- Midget!"

I froze, tightening my hand on my phone before peering at the car that had pulled over across the street from my bus stop.

"Oh my god." I groaned.

"Who's that?" Macy asked.

I quickly brought my eyes back to the phone. "Macy, I'm going to call you back."

"Yeah, I'll lecture you when you get home. Or do you need a ride?"

I shook my head. "No, I'll see you." I hung up before she could reply.

King was leaning out the window on the other side of the street his hair flying in the wind and his beat up car running loudly. "You need a ride Midget?"

I tilted my head to the side. "Is that supposed to be an endearing nickname? Because it's very disrespectful and not at all cute."

He shrugged. "Do you want a ride?"

I raised a brow. There was no way I was going to take a ride from one of Kody's friends.

"I'm actually good."

"Yeah, Kody would want me to give you a ride though."

That irritated me.

"Do you do everything that Kody wants you to do?"

Again he shrugged. "Pretty much. To a limit anyways." He pressed a button and I heard his doors unlock. "Come on, get in. I'll be nice, I promise."

Even though my brain told me not to, King's charming smile had me walking across the street and pulling open the passenger door of his car. Once I was in he pulled back onto the street.

"Where ya going?"he asked in a sing song voice.

"Zeta Phi." I mumbled knowing he would know where the house was. It was one of the most established sororities on campus.

He smirked. "I always wanted to see what the inside of that place looked like. You gonna invite me in if I'm super nice to you?"

I smirked. "If you want to be scalped."

He winced. "You gonna tell me why you've been crying?"

He said it carelessly. As if he was talking about the weather. I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment at being caught but I kept the light tone. "If I tell you, I'd have to kill you."

He nodded solemnly, "Alright. Can I guess?"

I stared at him. "It's King right?"

He frowned. "Friends call me Matty. Well, actually only one person really gets away with calling me Matty."

Seeing the look in his eyes I switched the conversation to him. "Is this someone a girl?"

He smirked. "Eww don't say it like that, she's just a friend. She's actually one of my Mate's girlfriend."

"Mhmm. That must suck."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not in love with her. That's not the point anyways, you're trying to distract me, you were crying because of Kody right?"

I slumped back in the seat. The seat of a stranger I had just met today. A stranger I knew was involved in some illegal activities. "Today has been weird."

"Tell me about it, Midget."

I groaned. "Can we stop with that before it catches on. "

He pursed his lips. "Well, you never told me your name. "

He was right.

Before I could open my mouth to answer he was continuing with his speech. "But it's Ezra right?"

I opened my mouth, speechless.

"You know how I know?"

I didn't answer. Because there was only one answer that would put that cocky little smirk on his face. It meant Kody had been talking about me.

"King." I said softly, purposely avoiding the name he said only one girl called him. "You just love to gossip don't you?"

He nodded. "There's only scraps of gossip where Cap is involved. I like to be in the know. He's one of my best friends you know."

I ran my tongue along my teeth as he pulled up outside of the sorority house. "I'll bet he is."

"So did I hear you correctly?"

I raised a brow. What was he on about now?

"You said you can't bring a kid into that. Into Cap's life right. "

I froze. Because he had me. He had diffused me until I was comfortable and had taken me completely by surprise and now he had the answer he wanted, because I couldn't keep my facial features from telling him the truth.

"King, don't-"

"You're pregnant, right?"

And just like that, my second plan for raising this child shattered. Because there was no way I could keep this from Kody if his best friend knew about it.

"You're going to tell him?" I asked in a low voice.

He replied with what I knew he would. "No, you are. Because he deserves to know."

Just when I had started to like him.