35. danger from above

 danger from above

QUINN

     'ARMY CAME IN AND PUT THESE FENCES UP. Made it a place for the people to go,' Daryl explained, pointing at what looked to have been a camp behind a few fences.

Quinn narrowed against the sunlight as she looked inside. Tents were scattered around a building that looked to be some grocery store and there wasn't a single walker insight. This place could be a gold mine.

'Alright, let's make a sweep,' Daryl said, stepping through a hole in the fence. 'Make sure it's safe, grab what you can, we'll come back tomorrow with more people.'

Quinn held her daggers tightly in her hands as they entered the camp, spreading out between the tents to search for any sign of walkers. But the only dead bodies she saw were truly dead. Some of the tents were torn up while others were covered in blood. She felt a shiver crawl down her spine as she looked around. She didn't even wanted to start thinking about what could have happened here.

She walked up to the huge store that stood at the center of the camp and watched as Daryl knocked against the windows before sitting down. 'Just give it a sec,' he told Zach. She focused her gaze on the windows to see if the noise had attrached any walkers but she couldn't see anything.

'Okay I think I got it,' Zach suddenly said making Quinn let out a tired sigh before sitting down on the ground, playing with her dagger as she looked at the kid, wondering what he had come up with this time.

'Got what?' Michonne asked, walking up to them.

'I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the turn,' Zach explained.

'Yeah, some of his guesses have been quite memorable,' Quinn said, trying her hardest to hold back a smile.

'You've been trying to guess for like six weeks,' Daryl mumbled.

'Yeah, I'm pacing myself,' the kid defended. 'One shot a day.'

'Alright, shoot,' Daryl told him, turning to look at Zach.

The kid took a deep breath, throwing Quinn a look who simply shrugged at him, before looking back at Daryl. 'Well, the way you are at the prison,' he started, 'you being on the council, you're able to track. You're helping people but you're still being kind of eh...' He seemed to be searching for the right word before finally settling with, 'surely.'