Teach you (Jeno)

"Are you done yet?" Y/N asked.

"Five more minutes," Jeno answered. "I can't play for too long anyway," Jeno said gesturing towards the screen. Y/N could see Jeno but he couldn't see her as he was wearing a VR over his eyes. He had two controllers in his hands that looked like light sticks and he was shooting zombies as Y/N could see on the screen in front. It looked fun.

Jeno groaned as his player died and took the VR off. He placed the device on the table and started to pack things up. "Hey Jeno, can I try it?" Y/N asked.

Jeno smiled, "sure." He motioned for her to come. Y/N got off the couch and headed towards him. He made her stand where he was standing before and adjusted the VR on her head. "Is the screen clear?" He asked.

"A little blurry," she answered.

He took her hand and placed her thumb on a button on the VR. "Press the button and adjust the front until the screen's clear," he instructed. She did as she was told and then Jeno handed her the controllers. Jeno started a game called 'Rush of Blood' and the screen soon changed.

Now Y/N was in a narrow corridor. She looked down and saw that she was actually in a cart on rails and it was slowly moving forward. She suddenly felt scared. "Jeno?" She called out.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you?" Her voice was a little panicky.

"I'm right here," he said touching her arm to show he was right next to her.

"I'm scared, I don't want to play this anymore," she whined.

Jeno chuckled, "the game hasn't even started. Look at your left." Y/N turned her head in the said direction and saw that there was a door, which opened to a room. A bathtub was in the middle of the room and a girl sat on its edge, crying. Y/N tensed and looked forward.

"Look at your cart, it'll show you the bullets in your guns," Jeno instructed. Y/N noticed the guns in her hands for the first time.

"How do I shoot though?" She asked. He rotated the controllers in her hand so that she was holding them properly.

"Here," he said as he put her finger beneath the controller. Y/N felt a trigger-like button. "That's how you shoot. And pressing this," he said placing her thumb on the button on the top "will reload your gun."

Y/N felt her cheeks heating up because of this small action. Hopefully, Jeno wouldn't notice. "You should've told me this before you put this thing on," she said, tapping the VR with a controller.

Now that her attention was back on the game, she saw a man wearing a ringmaster costume. She didn't bother listening to what he was saying as she started shooting him, but nothing seemed to be happening to him. "You're not supposed to shoot him." Y/N could sense Jeno grinning when he said that.

"Okay." Y/N took a deep breath as the ringmaster pulled a lever and her cart started moving. The doors opened and her cart was moving through a forest in the middle of the night. "Jeno, you're here, aren't you?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm here," he reassured her, patting her shoulder. The cart started to move faster. Jeno kept instructing her, telling her to shoot those white boxes with stars. He kept reminding her to not waste her bullets by shooting random things, like that creepy snowman. The cart was moving fast like a roller coaster. Y/N didn't exactly feel like she was on one, but it was dizzying her all the same

Y/N kept missing the targets and cursing. "You're the worst at this game," she heard Jeno say.

"Well, what do you expect? This is my first time playing it," she countered hotly.

"Alright, alright," he said, coming behind her. "I'll teach you." Y/N could feel the heat of his body on her back and his hands holding hers made her breath hitch. She couldn't believe she'd fallen so hard for her friend. Jeno raised Y/N's arm to aim at a white box and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit home, then another, then another.

"And that's how you do it." Jeno pulled away from Y/N, making her miss his warmth. "Alright, let's see if you got it."

She waited for another white box to appear but instead, she saw a thick tree branch, splattered with blood coming her way. It seemed like it was going to knock her off. "Duck," Jeno directed.

Y/N did so and that's when the dizziness really hit her, making her fall back on her butt. A sign, 'out of play area,' flashed on the screen. "You okay?" He asked and helped her up. "Is it giving you motion sickness?"

"No, I'm okay," Y/N said, confident. The cart had come to a stop after entering a house-like structure. Y/N felt her confidence drain when she saw three zombies heading towards her. "Jeno? Jeno!"

"I'm here, Y/N," he said. His smooth voice was reassuring but Y/N blindly flailed her arm to find him. Jeno held her arm to stop her flailing, making Y/N quickly loop her arm around his.

Y/N raised her arms and shot the zombies one by one. She let out a breath of relief as the first wave of zombies died. "Thank God," she muttered under her breath. But she spoke too soon as a white-faced, creepy girl appeared right in front of her face and screamed. The zombie-girl wasn't the only one that was screaming, Y/N was too. She clutched Jeno tightly while doing soo. The girl was gone as soon as she came.

Y/N quickly handed the controllers back to Jeno and proceeded to take the VR off her noggin. "I'm done playing this game," she said with a shock stricken face. Jeno grinned and pinched her cheeks, making her frown. "Why didn't you warn me about the jump scare?"

"Maybe because I wanted to see your reaction?" Y/N playfully shoved him. Jeno ruffled her hair and took the VR from her.

Even though it was scary, Y/N was glad she decided to go through with this gaming night. It gave her a chance to get closer to her crush, who she was probably friend-zoned by.

"So," Jeno said as he was done putting away the equipment. "Pizza?"

"What did you think about the game? Other than the jump-scare part, that is." Jeno asked as he walked Y/N to the front door, where her ride was waiting for her.

Y/N pondering over the question. "Well," she said after sighing. "It was... a good experience."

"I have this other game, it's fun and it's not scary at all," he said as they walked down the front steps. "I think you'll like it. So, want to come over tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sounds good." She smiled.

"Great. It's a date!" Jeno said hurriedly as he turned and quickly headed back inside his house, leaving a stunned Y/N behind.

xxx

Thank you for reading!

Are you guys into video games? As for me, I'm not a huge fan but I do like Rush of Blood on PlayStation VR. I used to love Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, but I unlocked all the characters and everything so I got tired of playing it.