𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐠

———✰———

"His name is D'Artagnan" Dustin introduced the slimy creature that sat in closed on the table, in the Av room after Dustin told the party and Max they needed to talk. "Cute right?"

"Cute isn't exactly the word I'd use for it" Veronica commented.

"D'Artagnan?" Mike asked as Dustin picked the creature up.

"Dart for short" Dustin explained.

"And he was in your thrash?" The ginger girl asked.

"Forging for good" Dustin told his crush "do you wanna hold him?"

"No, no" she freaked out.

"He doesn't bite" Dustin assured her before he gently handed the slimy creature to the unwilling girl.

"Oh, God he's slimy" she groaned as she handed it to Lucas.

"Ugh, he's like a living booger," he said as he handed it to Will.

"Ugh, Oh, God!" Will exclaimed and quickly passed it to Mike.

"What is he?" Mike asked as he stared at it before he tried to hand it to Veronica who just stepped away in disgust which made Mike laugh at her gently before he handed it back to Dustin.

"My question exactly," Dustin said as he put the thing back in the cab,e circle to get some books out his bag.

"At first I thought it was some sort of Pollywog" Dustin explained.

"Pollywog?" Max asked.

"It's another word for tadpole. A tadpole is the larval stage of a toad" Dustin explained.

"I know what a tadpole is" Max cut him off.

"All right, then you know that most tadpoles are aquatic right? Well, Dart, he isn't. He doesn't need water." Dustin explained.

"Yeah, But aren't there non-aquatic Pollywogs?" Lucas trailed off.

"Terrestrial Pollywogs? Yep. Two to be exact. Indriana Semiplainata. And the Andenomera Andrae. Ones from India, ones from South America" Dustin explained showing them the book. "So how did one end up in my trash?"

"Maybe some scientists brought it here, and it escaped" Max tried.

"Ew, what's it doing!" Veronica suddenly exclaimed pointing at the pollywog who looked like it had something inside it.

"Looks like something's moving inside it," Mike told them as he moved the light onto it which made the creature screech and everyone to jump back.

"Whoa" Dustin shouted as Dart jumped out the cable chord prison.