𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞

-

-

"CAN I TELL YOU SOMETHING?"

I snapped out of my daydream, finally springing back to reality to face Marina who had been going on about something to do with Carla. I stared at her, nodding, and she pulled me aside into one of the study rooms. Sitting herself down on one of the chairs, I sat down on the sofa, facing her expectantly.

"Try not to judge me," She stares at me cautiously, before continuing, "I had sex with Nano." She said and then held a finger to her lips as if to shush me. I didn't know whether to act surprised or to just be honest. I waited a moment, before responding. "I thought something had happened, I, I-" I stuttered out as she stared at me confused. "I saw you guys leave together." She stared at me wide-eyed, fear evident in her eyes. "Don't worry, I don't think anyone else saw. Samuel didn't, you would know if he did." She shook her head, placing her head in her hands.

"I don't know what came over me. It was so stupid." She said voice muffled but her hands that still covered her face, hiding in embarrassment. I put a hand on her leg, to somewhat comfort her, although a part of me was thinking she was different than I thought, and she didn't seem to mind messing with people's feelings. I pushed that aside, putting a hand on her shoulder and she smiled softly. The sound of high heels against the floor caused the smiles on our faces to instantly disappear, with Marina rolling her eyes as Lú strutted into the room, Carla right beside her. Putting my sunglasses back on, I leaned back in the chair, closing my eyes in an attempt to block the duo out.

I felt the space next to me on the sofa dip down, indicating that either Lú or Carla was making themselves comfortable, which almost made me sigh in annoyance. I opened my eyes, peering over my glasses to stare at the pair, who were both looking at us weirdly. "Yes?" I asked and Lú smiled her usual fake smile, while Carla almost looked annoyed by the fact I'd even opened my mouth.

"Hola Jada. Hola Marina." Lú spoke up, and Marina smiled. "Hey Lú, what's up?" She spoke, noticing my eye roll at the girls and nudging me slightly. "Hola." I mumbled, reaching my hand in my blazer pocket as I felt my phone vibrate, meaning someone was calling. Christian's face appeared and I noticed Carla and Lú both looking at my phone, being nosy as usual. I swiped to answer the phone, excusing myself from the room.

"Hola." I spoke, throat suddenly dry as I recalled the events of last night, praying it wouldn't be awkward between us. "Hola Jada. Tenemos deberes de matemáticas?" He asked, and I smiled stupidly. "Sí. ¿Asumo que no has hecho la tarea entonces?" He laughed softly through the phone, "Me puedes ayudar? Estoy en el aula junto a nuestro tutor." I thought about it for a second, before telling him I'd be there soon.

I walked back in the room, grabbing my bag from the sofa where I'd previously been sitting, noticing the sour look on Carla's face as she realized I was leaving, probably thinking I was stealing her man or something. "Where are you going?" Lú asked, just as I was about to make my great escape. "I'm going to do some homework. I'll see you all later." I spoke up, smiling as I turned to leave the room. "Which class? Vamos contigo, querida." Lú spoke, stupid grin on her face but I shook my head, returning her fake smile back to her. "I'll be fine on my own Lú but thank you for the offer." Marina snorted as I strutted out the room, my heeled boots making a clicking sound as they tapped against the floor.

"Hola." I said as I peered around the door, greeted by Christian's smile of excitement. "Hola! Eres mi héroe. Por favor, ayúdame." He said as he grabbed my hand, pulling me to the sofa so that I was close beside him. He handed me the paper, staring at me as I looked carefully at the paper, trying to ignore his gaze on me. Just as I went to turn to try and explain something, Guzmán storms into the room, looking at me with pure annoyance.

"Jada. Let's go. We need to talk." He said, grabbing my arm slightly, ready to pull me out of the room. Christian stood up immediately, beginning to step towards Guzmán. "Get your hands off her, we're busy," Christian said, and Guzmán laughed, before pulling me towards him, to the point where I almost fell on him. I stumbled slightly, and he grabbed my waist, smiling slightly as he did so. Christian noticed this and immediately began walking towards Guzmán angrily, which I knew would end badly. "Hey! Hey! Está bien, relájate. Mira mi tarea de matemáticas en mi bolsa." I said, putting a hand on his chest, causing him to sit down, eyes staring wildly as Guzmán, who put his arm around my shoulder as we left the room.

"What was that all about?" I said as Guzmán pulled me under the staircase, staring at me annoyed. "Did you sleep with Christian?" He asked, and I stared at him wide-eyed, very much in shock. Speechless, I continued to stare at him, which seemed to annoy him even more. "Answer me!" He said, backing me into the wall, hand either side of my head. I gasped, his sudden actions seeming very out of character, and I used my hands to hold his shirt, keeping a little distance from each other. "Your silence speaks volumes." He pauses, "I really didn't want to believe Ander, I really wanted him to be wrong." He said, shaking his head at me, before stepping forward once more. "Is that really the kind of guy you want? Someone like the influencer? You need someone like me, for goodness sake! Haven't you got that in your head yet?" He slams his hand against the wall behind me, before storming off, despite me calling his name.

Today was clearly not my day.
Could it really get any worse?