Chapter 21

T H I R D   P E R S O N     P O V

Levi looked out the window in his office that overlooked the city with his eyes closed and hands firmly planted in his pocket.

Something was different about today. Outside suddenly looked brighter and he felt contented.

All of a sudden, he heard a knock on the door and he turned around for a split second before saying, "Come in."

Keya entered the room wearily and cautiously. She was scared to tell her boss that an investor for a project chose not to sign because he found another company which gave a higher interest.

"S-Sir?" She said and he turned around and smiled at her as he looked at some papers on his desk.

Keya had a boyfriend that she loved, but she could still appreciate that he had a breathtaking smile.

What astonished her most was why he was smiling. Surely, he wouldn't after she had given him the news. She was sure of that.

"Ah, Miss Richards. How are you?" He questioned.

Keya choked on her words and her eyebrows furrowed. He had never initiated a conversation between them unless it was about work. Ever. Even if it was a simple salutation.

He hadn't noticed how confused she looked because his mind was occupied fully at the moment and that just made him smile wider at the thought of Ophelia.

"I-I'm fine, sir. There's been a slight... problem with one of the investors on the X Project." She tried to control the quiver in her voice.

Levi remained quiet for a while and then waved her off, "That's too bad, isn't it? Don't stress about it." He ensured and Keya's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets.

Was this her boss? Levi Morterez?

"Okay, sir." She said quickly and went to scurry out of the room before he changed his mind.

The smile slowly faded off of Levi's face for a quick second.

He couldn't go home empty handed, could he? Maybe he should buy Ophelia new clothes, or perhaps a car and if not, he could teach her how to drive.

It all seemed too much for Ophelia but Levi always thought big when it came to her.

He stopped Keya at the last minute and she slowly turned around, assuming that her nightmare had come true.

"A beautiful girl like you has a boyfriend, right?" He started as he placed his hand on his chin and paced the room thoughtfully.

"Um... yes." She said and blushed slightly.

Levi slightly nodded his head, "If you were unwell, what would you want him to bring home for you? Flowers? A new pair of shoes? Diam—" He was cut off by her.

"Food." She said simply and blushed at her blatant answer.

Levi however seemed amused by this and laughed slightly, much to her surprise.

He then waved her off with a gesture of his hand. "Yes, you can leave now." He said thoughtfully.

Meanwhile, Ophelia lied on her bed with a book in her hand as she got lost in the world of words and fantasy.

She hadn't seen or talked to Levi for the morning because he had left early. However, she did distinctly remember soft lips on her cheek when she was resting.

The maids had followed Levi's orders and made sure that she stayed in bed and also ate the meals that he had put out for her, along with their corresponding times.