fifty-one.

+ stray +

+ stray +

2001

I sat behind a desk in the Washington compound, my pen tapping on the sheets of paperwork i had been avoiding for weeks now. "Ivankova, up for some lunch?" Barton said, swinging into the room and collapsing in the chair opposite my desk.

"I can't I'm buried in paper work, plus i'm sure you have a mission today" I said, flipping over a form forcefully. "Yeah I do, i'm not leaving until later though. It's an easy one, just some enemy agent on the radar" He said, grabbing the form that I was literally about to right on.

"Come on, let's go to that little cafe you've always wanted to go to, my treat" he said as I tried to grab the piece of paper back, causing him to hold it above his head. "I'm getting two coffees" I said with raised eyebrows. "Let's go" he said, setting the paper down and running out the room, causing me to chuckle lightly.

!

We walked down the street, the light breeze rippling past us. "How do you even have that much paper work?" Barton asked me. "I just haven't done my paperwork in about 3 months" I said shrugging my shoulders looking down at the ground. "Woah" I started, looking down at Clints hand, stopping in my tracks. "Since when are you married?" I said, as Clint looked at his hand, shoving his hand in his pocket quickly.

"What?" he said, pulling his hand back out of his pocket, the ring no longer on his finger. "Hey" I said, trying to get the ring from his pocket, but he stopped my wrists with his, pushing me away. "Stop" I said, trying again, just for the same to happen. "There was literally a wedding ring on your finger, why would it be there?" i said, standing with my hands on my hips.

"It wasn't a wedding ring, just a normal one" he said shaking his head. "Why are you so defensive about it then?" I retorted, remarkably quick. "Clinton Francis Barton" I said sternly. "Fine, I got married last year, it's on no SHIELD files, Fury helped me keep it a secret" he said quickly before walking away from me.

"Why? that makes no sense" I said, chasing after him. "So my family won't be in danger" he replied a bit defensive. "Okay, I get it" I said in mock defeat, throwing my hands up. "Can i meet her?" I said happily, walking a bit behind him. "Maybe one day" he said with a shrug. "Name?" I asked him. "Laura" he replied with a smile on his face.

"Nice name"

!

"Barton's in the medical wing" An intern said, poking his head into my office then walking away. "Shit" i said, dropping my pen on top of the form i was writing on, running down the halls to the medical wing. Clint sat on a metal table, his arm in a sling. "What happened to you?" I said, walking into the room.

"Dislocated" he said, using his free hand to wipe over his face. "The mission okay?" I asked him, sitting up on the table next to him. "Yeah, oh and I brought back a stray" he said simply, turning to look a me. "A what?" I asked, a bit confused.

"They enemy agent, she's like 17, she has skill and would make a great agent" he replied as if it was the simplest thing ever. "Where is she from?" I asked him,  cocking my head to the side. "Russia, somewhere in east Europe?" he said, shrugging his one good shoulder. Something clicked within my head, jumping off of the table and walking out of the room, not saying a word to Clint. I barged into an interrogation room, Fury looking through the one way glass.

There was a young red head girl handcuffed to a table, staring straight back at the glass. "Is this the one Barton brought in?" I asked Fury, looking at her quizzically. "Yeah, I sent him to eliminate her not recruit her" Fury mumbled back to me, shaking his head. "I'm going to talk to her" I said quickly before leaving the room, entering the door next to it, leading to the interrogation room.

I shut the door, sitting in the free chair across from her. "You're Ivankova" she said to me in Russian, straightening her back. "You know me?" I replied, leaning back in my chair. "Everyone knows you" she said to me simply, not missing a beat. "Are you a black widow?" I asked her. "Not yet" she retorted back, a small smirk on her face. "So you're from the Red Room then?" I said, crossing my arms.

She nodded her head sharply, as if she wasn't used to the motion. "You were a legend within my class, the immortal soldier that was trained in the same rooms we were" she started, staring me straight in the eyes. "But they failed to tell us you were a traitor, working for the other side" she sneered, leaning forward on the table, her handcuffs clanking off of each other.

"It's not nice being raised to kill, I hated my life as a HYDRA agent. They tell you you have no choice, but you do" I said nodding my head to her. "I can help, we can rehabilitate you" I said, practically begging, knowing the mass amount of brain washing the KBG went through to make perfect agents. "I don't want to be rehabilitated" she grumbled, her voice low. "That's what I said when I first got here" I told her, leaning forward onto the table, showing her I wasn't afraid of her.

"What's your name?" I barked at her, without missing a beat.

"Natasha"

——

A/N: and she's met another avenger!
next chapter she'll be meeting another so stay tuned
Please vote and comment, and i'll love you forever

A/N: and she's met another avenger! next chapter she'll be meeting another so stay tunedPlease vote and comment, and i'll love you forever