Chapter 37

A loud cry sounded from inside Taehyung's room, making the heads of Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook turn immediately. A cry filled with pain, a cry for help. A sound that made all of them turn an icy white colour. This was the kind of sound that made all your muscles contract, that shook you to the core and made you wish you had never heard it. But they did hear it and it was more than clear that it had been Taehyung's voice they had heard. It was Taehyung who was in pain, it was Taehyung who needed help and they just stood there in the hallway. A door separating them from the one who needed it most right now. A door that hid what was happening inside that room filled with not only Taehyung but also Jin. Jin the man who had coupled Jungkook and Taehyung together the last few weeks 'cause they had a special something going on. The man who was also the husband of Jungkook's best friend was inside with the most important person in Jungkook's life right now and whatever he was doing didn't calm Taehyung down at all.

Another scream sounded through the hallway and Jungkook's whole body froze at that moment. He couldn't bear it, he couldn't handle the screams of agony that left Taehyung's mouth. Never had he heard someone who was in this much pain, never had he experienced something like this in his life and he had no fucking clue how to deal with it.

Everything in his body screamed to open that door and help Jin and Taehyung but his mind kept telling him to let Jin do what he needed to do and that Jungkook would only be an unwanted distraction. Something in him kept telling him that Taehyung didn't want him there right now even though he knew better than that, he knew the blonde trusted him but still Jungkook doubted himself. When it mattered most Jungkook didn't know what to do and that made him even more uncertain about himself and his actions.

Another ear piercing scream sounded through the hallway before Taehyung's door flew open, revealing a panting and messed up Jin. "WHERE THE FUCK IS JUNGKOOK!?"

Jin's eyes searched through the hallway before they landed exactly on the boy he had been searching for. "Holy fuck you're finally here, I need your help this instant."

The ravenette's eyes found Jin's eyes but his body didn't cooperate at all, he just couldn't get it to move. Afraid of what was waiting for him behind that door, afraid of messing things up even further.

"KOOK, COME ON!" Jin screamed, all formalities blown away by what was happening at the moment.

Before Jungkook knew what was happening Yoongi had already grabbed his wrist while he was dragging him towards Jin. As if on autopilot the ravenette's body started to work and within a few seconds Jungkook's mind caught up with what was happening with his body. The boy's eyes focussed back on Jin and on instinct he now started to move on his own, cutting himself loose from Yoongi.

Without thinking twice Jungkook started to run towards Jin who had already gotten back inside Taehyung's room and nothing could have prepared him for what he found inside. Jungkook's eyes grew as big as saucers, all colour drained from his face and his hands started to shake a little.

There in the corner of the room sat Taehyung on his knees, or what was left of him. The boy looked terrible, really terrible. Thick red stripes from his nails were visible on his arms, legs and face. His hair was one big mess, multiple loose strands laying on the ground around him, his t-shirt ripped in multiple places and his pants covered in drops of blood that came from one of his hands. The blonde's eyes were closed harshly, his muscles completely tense and his jaw pushed harsh against each other. Taehyung's hands were clawing stressfully at his body, making even more red stripes on his honey coloured skin and thick tears were rolling down his cheeks.

This was bad, real bad. Whatever it was that was happening with the elder was far from good if it made him attack himself like this.

Jungkook's eyes darted shortly towards Jin who was sitting before Taehyung on the ground. The elder was talking continuously at Taehyung while he sometimes tried to grab the blonde's hands to stop himself from hurting his body but everytime Jin came even close to the blonde Taehyung screamed out of agony again and put up a fight with the eldest of them all.