eighteen.

Weeks passed, and instead of things getting better with Milo, they actually wind up getting worse. The demise of his marriage was all it took for him to change his focus from Jesenia and I, and while he still entertained us on his good days, the money was dwindling, causing us to lose our interest just as fast.
While I tried to give him time to get himself together, Jesenia was ready to pack her bags and go, and frankly I couldn't blame her. Not only was it boring, we also got tired of pleasing Milo in all the ways we didn't necessarily care for. We had enough money to keep us afloat, and even though at first I neglected Jesenia's plan, I was now reconsidering it. I also got word from Melrose that the cops pinned everything on Solomon's wife, and sure I did feel bad that an innocent woman was being accused of Lucky's crimes, but I was relieved to know we could finally return back to Philly. I even did the courtesy of letting Lucky know, and she didn't waste any time returning to the familiar city.

"So whose going to tell him, me or you?" Jesenia asked, zipping up her suitcase.

I frowned, and lit the cigarette hanging from my mouth.

"I get it, you like the guy" she continued, "But we can't stay here Isis. Well, you can. But I'm out, and if you were smart you'd leave too"

"Fine, I'll tell him" I said releasing the smoke from my nose, and then putting the cigarette out. I figured I might as well get it over with now, since he was just in the next room. I headed into the hallway, and took a deep breath before knocking on his bedroom door.

"Come in" I heard him say, so I didn't hesitate to push the door back.

The room was gloomy, as he sat in his bed watching reruns of Martin.

"So, Milo. Can we talk?" I asked, pushing my hair behind my ear.

I don't know what made me so nervous, as if I didn't own my freedom. I think because this was the first time in my life I had the choice to walk away, and not run.

"Yeah, wassup" he said in a depressed tone, his five o clock shadow not making it any better. He definitely wasn't the man I remembered from the club, but I understood that people went through well...life.

"I really appreciate you for helping us out here" I started, "But this, just isn't going to work"

His eyes grew sad, and I felt horrible upon impact. Then they grew angry, and I was frightened.

"So that's it huh, I risk everything for you and the minute some shit go down, you're out?" He spat, and I shook my head.

"No Milo, you're just not yourself" I plead my case, "What is the point of us being here, you never want to have sex. And when you do, it's depressing. You need to focus on getting your husband back"

"I tried that, he doesn't want anything to do with me" he sulked.

I wasn't surprised by that, however I knew it was Milo's fault. Still, his cheating was my come up, and we couldn't make money the longer his mind frame was somewhere else.

"Look, I feel bad, I do. But you promised us ~"

"That I would take care of ya'll?" He interrupted me, "That's what the fuck I'm doing. Ya'll asses would be still stripping in those broke down ass clubs if it wasn't for me. Now you want to go, leave then. I don't give a fuck"

His voice was like venom, and I never heard or seen him as mad as he was. Still, I had to survive and I couldn't do that being Milo's pet. I turned away to leave, deciding I wouldn't continue to deal with his hissy fit. However Milo arose from his bed, taking a tight grip onto my arm before I could walk out.

"Alright, I'm sorry" he quickly apologized, "If Jesenia wants to go, she can. But not you Isis, don't leave me"

"Milo ~"