Safe Space

- Captain... Are you sure that we should do this?, you asked quietly. Your heart was beating fast, too fast.

You gulped and looked around for signs. Signs to...

- Yes. I want you to do it.. Now, he answered, continuing locking eyes with you. You started to sweat and hyperventilate... What if it does not work? What if someone came in and saw everything? The embarrassment... You shook your head and gazed down on your sweaty palms. Here goes nothing...

You brought the cloth, that now was resting in your hand, up towards you and started to press it against the dirty, old table that was molding due to the moisture exposure. You excessively started to rub it, faster and faster til sweat drops were dripping down from your forehead to the funky table. Oh no, not good. Why does he need to be here while I am doing this shi-

- Cadet, stop exposing the table to more moisture or else I will replace it with your large sweaty forehead, Levi said angrily and grabbed your neck with his large hand. You let out a high pitched squeak and suddenly everything went silent.  You opened one eye to inspect the scene that was playing out to then slowly turn your head up to meet Captain Levi's dark, grey eyes.

 You stared at each other. You mainly stared with fear printed all over your face but very soon the worried wrinkles started to fade, creating smile lines. You laughed sweetly at him with your eyes closed while he stared at you in disbelief. You looked down to escape the embarrassment that was soon to unfold.

- What are you laughing at, (Y/N)? Should I start wiping off the sweat on your forehead so that we can serve supper for the other cadets on it? 

His voice.. It sounded so different... You slowly looked up and that was when your eyes widened. There he was, Humanity's Strongest, smiling at you. He pulled his hand from your head and placed them around your waist, which pulled you against his muscular body. Your head rested on his hard chest like a cushion and the aroma of his shirt penetrated your nostrils. This was the only time you ever have felt so safe since that day, 5 years ago.

- (Y/N), you may just be a cadet and a brat, but I really want to confess something to you...

You tried to look up to meet his grey eyes, but a gravity-like force from above forced your head down.

- Tsk, you brat. Stop moving. Just listen to me, will you?, Levi hissed.

 You get it, He is embarrassed, big time. You chuckled a little, hugging him more intensely. You did not want to leave this very spot: the warmth, his smell and the icing of the cake.. You were alone in a dark basement in the HQ. You two. Did you mention that it was only you two together? He leaned to your left ear and rested his lips there. So soft, you thought.

- (Y/N).. The day you came to the Survey Corps along with the other ones was the day everything changed. Because of you brats, we were able to obtain information about this world that otherwise would be a naive dream of ours . And for that, I thank you.

 You could not believe it.. Is this a confession? No, this has to be a show of gratitude. You blushed hysterically and distanced yourself from him, pushing yourself free from his embrace and slowly looked up when you realized...Oh my God, Levi is blushing. A second realization hit you but panic followed because you weren't allowed to look up. Stupid (Y/N)! 

- Oh snap I forgot, I was not allowed to look u-, you started to tremble out, but were interrupted by two soft yet strong hands covering both sides of your petite face. Levi leaned towards you and sudden rush of adrenaline and panic pumped in your blood. Tears fell down you cheeks letting Levi's finger take care of them both individually. Why were you crying? His lips leaned towards yours. Was this not what you wanted? Levi's eyes were fixated on you, only you. Was it the feeling of finally feeling safe and content that produced these tears? You noses brushed each other lightly when Levi tilted his head, causing his hair to also brush your forehead. Finally safe. You closed your eyes to enjoy the moment when you suddenly heard subtle yet demanding set of footsteps outside the basement getting louder and louder which then caused the door opening up explosively. No way-

- CAPTAIN LEVI, EREN AND JEAN ARE FIGHTING EACH OTHER WITH THE MEAT WE CAME BY YESTERDAY...AND MIKASA IS OUT TO COLLECT WOOD SO PLEASE, PUT THOSE UNCULTURED SWINES TO SLEEP!, A familiar voice yelled from the top of their lungs. You both directed your head to the exit and there Sasha was, in all her glory. The cadet was viciously trembling but seemed more furious than afraid. Sasha...

You piece of shit.