⚓️ SIX ~ CALCULATED ⚓️

Grabbing a rock, Maddy threw it expertly at the sign that allowed the fence to rise, and her to walk the stairs that led the apartment she had shared with Evie and Mal

Grabbing a rock, Maddy threw it expertly at the sign that allowed the fence to rise, and her to walk the stairs that led the apartment she had shared with Evie and Mal. Entering the scarcely furnished room, she heard the four voices of the VKs arguing over a plan to do with the wand.

"I know what to do." Maddy announced, making her presence known. Forcing her face to be void of emotion, she stepped out of the shadows.

"Maddy!" Carlos yelled, launching himself at the purple eyed beauty, he wrapped himself around her in a koala hug.

Barely having the time to brace herself, the impact had her stumbling back slightly when Carlos jumped on her. Thankfully, Jay placed a hand on her back to steady her.

"I missed you so much." He mumbled into her hair, spitting out the dark strands.

"Missed you too, C." Maddy gave the boy a small smile, trying to remain emotionally detached from what she was about to do.

As nice as it was to see the four of them again, a small voice in the back of her head (that sounded suspiciously like Uma) kept reminding the daughter of Maleficent that these were the people who had left her to fend for herself on the Isle. They had left her for six months without so much as a phone call or a letter, let alone coming to visit her or asking her to visit him. For all they knew, she could have been all alone, beaten up, or worse - living with her mother again.

"You look different." Jay commented. "More like a pirate."

"That's because I am a pirate." Maddy deadpanned.

"Well, I think the style suits you." Evie smiled, trying to diffuse some of the tension.

The Maleficent twins refused to look at each other; Maddy tried to fight the anger that washed over when she remembered that Mal had tried to bargain for her (as if she were some object), and Mal tried to fight the sadness that churned in as she remembered that Maddy wouldn't want to come with her. She had a home here, a family, a life.

"What do you mean, you have a plan?" Mal asked, staring down at her nails in an effort to appear nonchalant.

"To trick Uma."

"You'd do that to her? I thought you were family?" Mal jabbed.

"We are, but that doesn't mean I want her to take down the barrier. The majority of us don't want to go to Auradon. I mean, sure, it's crappy here but it's home. We don't want your people coming here and trying to fix us. And, in case you forgot, you were family once."

"But Uma does?" Evie interrupted the twins. "She wants to go to Auradon?"

"No. She wants to ruin what you've got. Cause a war. I have family here that will not fare well over there. Beast isn't going to take kindly to Gil."

"So, what are we going to do?" Carlos asked, placing himself next to the pirate on the sofa.

Maddy was/had been his best friend who had always been there for him, and he hadn't seen her in sixth months. Part of wanting to spend time with her was due to guilt but the other part was because, hearing the protective tone in her voice when she spoke about her new family, reminded Carlos that she had once wanted to protect him like that.  He missed it.

"Create a phony wand." Maddy shuffled down the sofa slightly, not noticeable to the others but enough to create some distance between her and Carlos.

"The 3D printer!" Carlos gasped causing Maddy to look at him weirdly, not knowing what he was talking about.

"But the second Uma tests it out, won't she know it's a fake?" Mal pointed out.

"Not if you create a good enough diversion. Get Ben out quickly."

Whilst the other four started putting their calculated plan into action, Maddy sneaked out of her apartment. Rushing to Harry's as fast as she could, she wanted to spend time with those she loved before everything came crashing down around her.