⚓️ NINE ~ ENRAGED ⚓️

"I swear to Hades, let me go now! Jay, I will rip your arms off the minute you release me!" Maddy cursed, thrashing in Jay's arms in an attempt to get back to her crew

"Good thing I don't plan on letting you go then." Jay said, voice wavering as his heart broke upon seeing his best friend so distraught.

Tears streamed down her face and it had gone red from all the screaming. Her voice began to crack as her throat became sore. It broke all the VKs hearts to see her like this but Jay had his orders from Mal, and they thought they were helping her.

Ensuring everyone was in the limo, Jay locked the doors to prevent Maddy from escaping but the girl had stopped fighting. Instead, she placed her head on the window and watched as the Isle disappeared from view, tears still falling from her sad purple eyes.

Harry was gone and she had no idea how to get back to him.

━━━━━━ ♡ ⚓︎ ♡ ━━━━━━

Once they arrived at Auradon Prep, Maddy had been escorted to her room where her gloves and sword had been confiscated, and she was told to remain until someone came by to inform her of the Rules and Regulations. Picking up anything light enough to throw, she launched them at the wall and watched as the objects shattered upon impact.

The oak door to her new bedroom opened and whoever had entered took a moment to assess the destruction around them before looking at the sobbing heap in the middle of the bed.

"Maddy, I'm so sorry this happened. I didn't know Mal was planning it until it was too late." Evie placed her hand on her friend's back and began rubbing g soothing circles on it. "Neither did Carlos."

"How could she do that to me? She kidnapped me from the family that cared about me."

"We care about you."

"Funny way of showing it."

"Cotillion is tonight and I'd love it if you were there." Evie said, quickly changing the topic as she was unsure what she could say to make Maddy feel slightly better. Or to make her believe that the VKs truly did care about her.

In fact, they only went along with Mal's plan because they were told that Uma was manipulating Maddy, and she needed to be rescued.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because King Ben has promised to return you to the Isle tomorrow morning."

Maddy's head shot off the pillow and she searched the blue haired girl's face for any song that she was joking. She didn't find one.

"You're serious?"

Evie nodded in response.

"Isn't he worried about pissing Mal off?"

"Maybe. But he's also worried about you. After all, you're part of his people and he knows Mal wronged you, so he wants to fix that." Evie confessed. "Anyway, I have the perfect dress for you, for tonight."

━━━━━━ ♡ ⚓︎ ♡ ━━━━━━

Green adorned Maddy's body as the lacy top of her dress was a light shade of green and the hall gown bottom was a darker shade. Evie made the dress so that a princess style but had given it an edge so that people knew Maddy was from the Isle, and not ashamed of it.
Paying further tribute to her Isle side, Evie had let Maddy keep her anchor earrings in. However, Mal had ensured that nobody gave back Harry's gloves.

Even though she was extremely angry at her sister, Maddy couldn't deny that her twin looked stunning in her blue and yellow dress. Descending the staircase, Mal radiated confidence and royalty; she belonged in Auradon, no matter how much she may have disagreed before.

"Hi." Mal greeted her sister and friend once she'd reached the bottom of the stairs.

"How you feeling?" Evie asked her best friend, noticing the panicked look on Mal's face.

"Uh, sort of like I'm going to throw up." Mal giggled nervously.

"Yeah? Okay. That's okay." Evie reassured.

"We're right here with you." Maddy said, speaking to her sister for the first time.

Anger still coursed through her veins when she looked at Mal but she couldn't fight the twin instinct to comfort her.

Fan fare announced the arrival of King Ben who appeared at the top of the stairs looking very handsome. The crown complimented his blond locks and his suit fitted him exceptionally well. However, when he reached Mal, his face wasn't the picture of happiness. In fact, he looked slightly scared.

Following everyone's eyes to the top of the stairs (for the third time), Maddy felt like she was going to faint once she saw who was in the blue dress.

"Uma?!"