⚓️ TEN ~ ESCAPE ⚓️

Watching the expression on Mal's face was painful as a Ben tried to explain to her that he had fallen in love with Uma whilst she had held him captive

Watching the expression on Mal's face was painful as a Ben tried to explain to her that he had fallen in love with Uma whilst she had held him captive. It would appear that it was a trait that ran through the Beast family. Absolute devastation was the only way to describe how Mal looked. Normally, love didn't form that fast but Ben was the son of Belle and Beast. If you're held captive, it's love. However, Maddy was still suspicious.

"Don't you see, Mal? You were right. You knew we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me that you loved me."

Mal let out a pained whimper, and that was when all of Maddy's anger towards her dissipated. Nobody deserved for their true love to do that to them.
Wrapping her arm around her sister, Maddy glared daggers at the King.

"Not too thrilled I risked my life my life form him." Carlos muttered from the other side fo the twins. "We're with you, Mal."

As Ben pulled Uma into a dance that he should've been doing with Mal, tears began to fall from Mal's eyes. Pulling her sister by the hand, Maddy (accompanied by the VKs) escorted Mal away from the heart breaking scene before them; to help her escape.

"Lumiere, unveil the gift. They need to see it!" Jane yelled in a panic, wanting Ben to remember how much he loved Mal.

Turning around, Mal took in the stained glass window of her and Ben. The portrayal of Mal was her in a Maleficent purple dress with a purple cape, her eyes glowing their vibrant green. The window showed that Ben had never forgotten who Mal truly was, and that he loved her for it.

"Ben did that?" Mal swooned.

"Mhm." Jane nodded enthusiastically.

Unfortunately for Mal, Uma pulled away from his thoughts by demanding that he inform his guests about the gift he had gotten her.

"I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all!" Ben announced.

As the court gasped in horror, Maddy couldn't help the spark of hope that bubbled in her chest at the prospect of seeing Harry again. Before, she hated the idea of the barrier coming down and now, some small part of her really wished it would happen. But, for the most part, she didn't think the two sides clashing would ever end well.

"Fairy Godmother, bring down the barrier." Ben ordered.

"I most certainly will not."

"I am your King!" Ben snapped, shocking everyone with his unexpected rage.

As one of Maleficent's daughters watched the scene closely, she suddenly realised why Ben was acting so peculiar.

"He's been spelled." Maddy gasped. "Uma must have spelled him."

Knowing what she had to do, Mal made her way through the crowd to reach Ben, begging him to look at her. Uma, realising what Mal was trying to do, began begging Ben to look at her instead.

"Ben, I never told you that I loved you because I never thought I was good enough. And I thought it would only be a matter of time before you realised that yourself. But, Ben, that's me!" Mal begged, pointing to the window with the two of them on. "I'm part Isle and part Auradon. Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be."

"Don't listen to her." Uma pleaded, desperation seeping into her tone as she noticed she was losing her grasp on the King.

"Ben, I know what love feels like now. Of course I love you, Ben. I've always loved you." Mal confessed, pressing her lips against Ben's in a desperate kiss.

"Mal." Ben whispered against her lips as the spell broke.

"True Love's Kiss." Maddy smiled in happiness for her sister whilst her heart ached for her own True Love. "Works every time."

━━━━━━ ♡ ⚓︎ ♡ ━━━━━━

Like a complete idiot, Ben had dived into the water to prevent Sea Witch Uma and Dragon Mal from fighting each other. To many people's shock, he actually managed to achieve peace between the two girls instead of being turned to fish food.

More importantly, Ben had managed to create peace between him and Uma.

Once the fighting was over, Uma disappeared under the water and Mal returned to her human form. Feeling disheartened that Uma had gone back to the Isle without her, Maddy walked away from the group of people partying, tears threatening to fall. She hated the fact that she couldn't stop crying.

"If there is anything you need, or anything I can do for you.."

"Um, actually Ben, there is." Evie butted in. "I know a little girl who would love to come to Auradon. Drizella's daughter, Dizzy."

"Then she could should come." Ben said positively.

Noticing a flurry of green fleeing the scene, Evie's heart ached for her best friend and her lost love.

"Actually, um, Ben? There's a lot of kids who would really love it here in Auradon. Kids just like us who deserve a second chance. Could I possibly get you a list?"

"Yes, yes! Absolutely, please." Ben said enthusiastically.

Bursting with happiness, Evie tried to find Maddy to tell her the good news but she was pulled into a dance by Doug.