one last dance

ship/s: main; jay x reader
others; none

universe: either movie or series

writing prompt: one last dance by r5

words: 998

warning/s: mild language ( as always )

additional notes: your not so typical airport scene.

also 12th grade is busier than i expected kill me.

i wrote this because ive been procrastinating from editing the jay x reader for my other book

so yeah

happy reading!

Alex

••••

jay is currently in his car, driving to the airport. he isn't in that much in a hurry, f/n slipped and accidentally told him what time her flight leaves. he has two hours before she leaves him.

all he could focus on is the road and the last time they fought. it was bad --- no, awful.

jay couldn't believe he said that to her.

"i need you to choose. me or your dream?"

he wants to punch, kick, probably even kill himself for saying that to her. he made her cry. he raised his voice. he made her choose....

he was awful.

how could he do that?

he shakes his head and concentrates back on the road. he's almost there.

just a few miles left.

after a few minutes, finally, he's here.

he parks his car and dashes into the airport. he scans the place, hoping that he could see her. he could apologise. she could move on... and so could he.

he runs up to the check-in desk. he looks at the flights, looking for one that flies to new york.

he finds one. flight 37b. 10:30 pm departure.

he runs to the gate, hoping that she won't push him away. but, if she does, he'd understand. he was a dick.

she made the right decision to end it that night.

as jay walks over closer to the waiting are, sitting on the first row... her.

y/n.

her head rested on the top of her luggage. the hoodie of her gray jacket covering her hair. luckily, there's a vacant seat next to her.

with his hands in the pocket of his jeans, jay huffs then makes his way over next to her. he sits down and his eyes linger on her. a weak smile present on his lips.

y/n shifts in her seat, feeling a pair of eyes on her. she looks up and sees...

"jay?" she questions, squinting her eyes at him. she slowly lifts her head from the luggage she was resting on.

jay still has a weak smile on his lips. he nods at her.

"what are you doing here?" she sends him a small glare as she crosses her arms. "you aren't here to beg me not to board that plane, are you? cause i have made my decision."

jay sends her a chuckle. his eyes shifts to the busy environment in front of him. the weak smile replaced by a sad look.

"actually," he begins, "i'm here to tell you sorry."

he sighs, his gaze returns to her. "i"m sorry i made you cry. i'm sorry i forced you to pick between me and your dream."

his eyes are glossed with sadness and she could see it.

"i'm here to tell you good luck, y/n."

she bites her inner cheek. she forces herself to look somewhere else, somewhere else other than jay. she nods curtly.

"you made the right decision," says jay with a sad smile. he leans down on the chair. "you'd find a better boyfriend out there."

he chuckles. "you're an amazing dancer, y/n. you'll... you'll make it big."

a big, genuine smile is on his face as he remembers those numerous practice sessions she dragged him to. he remembers just how elegant, how graceful, how beautiful, how... how happy she was. the way her body moved along to the tempo of the song always entranced him.

she was so breathtakingly gorgeous.

the smile falls when he remembers the fight. he was so selfish to make her choose.

jay stands up and extends his right hand for her to accept.

she always did love slow dancing.

"can i have the honours?" he asks as she raises an eyebrow at him.

"of what?" she asks slowly.

jay smiles. "of having one last dance."

the look on her faces softens. "what?"

"i can't let you go to new york without having one last dance."

she shakes her head as a sign of protest.

"just one song," he says, taking a closer and looking into her e/c eyes. "and i'll move on."

her eyes begins to water up. she sniffles before standing up and accepting his hand.

"i love you," jay whispers as he places his left hand on her waist. y/n places her hand on his shoulder.

and they begin to dance. the two cicrling the small space while the sound of the busy airport went on in background. their eyes never leaving each others.

and with one last spin, their dance ended. jay has tears pooling in eyes, threatening to flow down any second now.

y/n's now silently crying. he cups her face and uses his thumb to wipe away her tears.

"shh," he whispers. now, there are tears streaming down his cheeks too. "don't cry, you're too beautiful to be crying."

he leans down and gives her a kiss on the forehead. y/n wraps her arms around him. she's sobbing into his chest while he whispers comforting words to her.

after a few minutes, she lets go of him. she looks up and jay smiles at her.

"so this is good bye i guess?" he shrugs, putting his hands back in his pockets.

he starts walking away, and y/n is frozen in her spot. she bites her inner cheek.

jay's starting to get lost in the crowd. she's still frozen, confused on what to do.

no, she won't let him get away that easy.

and she bolts, screaming his name at the top of her lungs.

"jay!"

he stops walking and turns around. "y/n?" he whispers to himself.

and he's right. she's running towards him, repeatedly shouting his name.

"jay!" she yells one last time, before stopping in front of him. "please --- please don't go."

she has tears streaming down her cheeks. she wraps her arms around him, repeatedly sobbing, "don't go. i need you."

he wraps his arms around her too. "don't worry, i won't."