fifty one | 51

Well...the time has come and issa long one for many reasons. 

There is no smut, but descriptive intimacy and connection. It's something I'm not comfortable with writing, so I made it a little different. 

Parts of this chapter made me incredibly emotional, so I hope you feel the same as I did writing it. Enjoy it, sweet peas!

S x

in·ti·ma·cy

Harry.

Two weeks have passed.

Two weeks was the day Céline asked me if I ever wanted to get married again. Thousands of thoughts rushed through my head at the time — and honestly, one of them was that I wanted to propose on the spot. I couldn't imagine marrying anyone else but her. I'm not going to lie and say that the thought of marriage had crossed my mind in the past, but I refused it. 

I was a million percent sure that I'd never live my life with anyone else again. Amber had overruled my heart in a way that I couldn't even explain. Even after C made me realise that she didn't love me as much as I loved her, I didn't regret it — not one bit.

Love is passion; and it was something that I had for my late wife.

What I thought, was that I'd never have that again.

What I also never thought would happen in my life, is Céline.

She entered my world and turned it upside down entirely — and it took less than three hours for that to happen.

I remember thinking back to the very moment I saw her, I said myself, God, she's the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. For a split second, I'd forgotten everything about my past — I forgot Amber when I looked at Céline. I watched her from a distance, as her feet lightly kicked against the ground for a short period of time. Her hands gripped onto the edge of the bench, as she looked out towards the view of the city. She was so mesmerised and fascinated by the sight ahead of her. It was almost as if she hadn't seen something like that before. Her focus was intense and completely taken by it, until she heard my footsteps that is.

Honestly, I was surprised when she didn't turn around to see who was coming. For all she knew I could have been someone coming to mug or attack her, but she wasn't phased by the sound of me.

When she agreed to share the seat, which I basically forced her to decide, I was unsure if she was willing to even comply — but she did. She knew how to share and was comfortable with that, even though I was a complete stranger to her.

The way she read me that night, the feeling I got when she did that, hit my brain so hard that I couldn't think about anything else properly — except for her analysis towards me. When I briefly spoke to Liam about her and what she'd done, he weren't as surprised as I was. Maybe it's because we're friends and he knew what I'd gone through.

The thing was, she didn't know me; but at the same time, she did. I felt naked in front of her; completely and utterly vulnerable, as if she could make me tell her my deepest secrets and life history right then and there. If I wasn't so intensely hidden behind the mask I'd created, I probably would have.

Céline's witty, careful, clever, brave, strong, a warrior, and incredibly beautiful; but most importantly, she's unique.

No other word will ever describe her better.

And I love that about her for so many reasons.

"Harry?"

"Darling." Her voice broke me out of my thoughts as I saw her walk towards me from the garage door. I smiled at the sight of my beautiful girl. She was absolutely breathtaking and imperfectly flawless.