Chapter 19 - Ghosts

Sweat poured down every inch of your body by the time you reached the camp. Your feet were on fire, your head pounding, your throat parched.

"Hoseok!" you yelled through your dry throat. "Master! Where are you!"

You felt yourself falling, but you didn't hit the ground. Two hands grabbed you before you could.

"Y/N!" Jimin's face blurred in front of you. "Y/N! What happened?"

"Twelve to two," you said automatically. "Twelve two. Hoseok..."

Jimin yelled for Hoseok, and your vision blurred even more.

"Stay with me, Y/N," Jimin said. "Stay with me."

You felt Hoseok's arms around your body before you heard his voice.

"Y/N!" he shouted. "Good God, what happened to you? Did you run here?"

"Twelve to two," you repeated. "Taehyung... twelve to two."

"Shit," Hoseok replied, pulling you up into his arms. You felt yourself being carried, but you couldn't even bring yourself to object. Everything in you ached, your body, your heart, your mind. It was all crashing together, turning you to lead.

In moments, you were in the medical tent, water being poured down your throat. It felt like life even though it tasted like dirt.

Hoseok's face came into view. Did you have your eyes shut this entire time? You couldn't remember.

"Are you injured?" he asked.

His hands wandered your body, checking your bones and skin. The touch comforted you, bringing you back to your senses.

"There were fifty men... ambush... the others..."

Hoseok's hand came to your forehead. "It's alright. You're alright. I'm with you."

You shuttered underneath his touch, but somehow, it settled your nerves. You tried to breath deeper.

Hoseok barked some orders to the others while he started to pull apart your clothes. You didn't understand what he was doing, but you also were too tired to fight against him.

"You're overheating," he said, as if reading your mind. "Let's get you cooled. Where did --"

He stopped, pulling the small dagger from your belt. You blinked, suddenly realizing how much blood was on the blade. In your head, you heard the scream. You turned away from Hoseok to vomit from the memory.

Hoseok's hand came to your back, rubbing it. He didn't say anything condescending, nothing teasing, nothing funny.

You were grateful.

"What's the commotion?" a new voice rang out.

You fell back against the mat, looking up.

Yoongi stepped forward, motioning for someone to clean up your mess. He did it casually, as if he had done it a thousand times before.

"Twelve to two," Hoseok said.

"Shit," Yoongi replied.

"What does it mean?" you asked weakly.

Hoseok's hand came back to your forehead. "It means that there are too many to fight, so the men have scattered from a group of twelve to pairs in order to survive. It... it doesn't..."

"