89 ⸸

Seokjin held Namjoon's limp body, shivering from the shock.

Namjoon was gone and there wasn't anything he could do about it, the vampire was having a mental breakdown while Joowon held onto the lethal injection. Seokjin couldn't properly move, he was still in pain himself, but he had one last option to make sure Namjoon doesn't die.

He wasn't sure if his plan might work, but he was willing to try anything and everything.

Joowon headed downstairs, leaving the room. "Namjoon, look at me. Stay with your eyes opened, please." Seokjin held out his own arm, and inserted the needle inside of him. His blood was slowly filling it up.

"You gave me your blood once, allow me to return the favor by giving you mine." Namjoon nodded with sadness, because he knew that there was nothing that could reverse the effects of the injection.

His current state was going to worsen. The effect wasn't going to stop at paralyzing his body forever; what more did he wish that it was just a harmless, temporary numbing from his waist below, but it was much worse than that.

His body would start to reject his vampire transformation, reversing the powers that Seokjin had given him. But he wouldn't just return back to his human form, it's impossible for that to happen because his body had already received a first lethal injection as a vampire, his body can't handle a second one.

The effects were already starting, although Seokjin was already inserting the needle into Namjoon's arm, sending the blood into his veins.

Namjoon's body rejected the blood transfusion. Seokjin feared that this would happen.

He might have just ruined any chance Namjoon had in healing... "Dr. Kim? No, open your eyes... Open them, I said!" and the small chance the doctor had in living, was now gone.

All possibilities were over for Namjoon living.

"Namjoon, please-" Seokjin winced as he moved Namjoon on top of his, still naked body.

"Namjoon."

His heart shattered into a million pieces as he watched the life slowly leave Namjoon's soul. His eyes had become blue, momentarily. His hair had changed to black, and his skin was paler, his body was bleeding, but that was just the reverse effects of his previous transformation.

Meaning that the man was no longer a vampire. Now, with the effects of one lethal injection, Namjoon could have just gotten some secondary effects, such as nausea, drowsiness, loss in vision, become weak and not have any strength or energy in his body.

But with two injections the man had lost everything.

His sense of smell.

Hearing.

Taste.

Vision.

And lastly, his speech.

The only thing he could do was feel. And he was feeling pain, a lot of pain as his body continued to deteriorate.

Seokjin knew what the man was going through. It wasn't fair. Nothing was.

What happened to him, what happened to Namjoon. Nothing was fair.

But he wasn't in the right mind to argue or complain about anything. Not when his lover, his best friend and only friend, was lying in his arms, dying by the minute.

"Namjoon..." He held onto Namjoon's hand. He knew that the doctor couldn't squeeze his hand back like he used to.

Seokjin will never get to feel the way Namjoon tightly intertwined his soft hand with his own like before. He wasn't going to feel Namjoon with him at all.

Once he dies, Seokjin won't even hear him in his thoughts. He won't be able to communicate with Namjoon physically, mentally, or even telepathically. It's over.

"I don't know where your soul is traveling to right now, but-" Seokjin leaned his head closer to Namjoon's ear. "When it reaches heaven, tell God to thank him for lending me his guardian angel." His hands were shaking as he lifted Namjoon's chin up, to kiss his lips one last time before letting him go.

He couldn't help but let his tears stream down like a riptide. The vampire released so many of his emotions in the form of crying, directly onto Namjoon's face, but he wasn't done yet.

The vampire leaned over and saw that the lethal injection Joowon had previously injected into Namjoon was now filled up again. It appeared out of nowhere, as a sign. A bad one, but Seokjin was too close-minded and broken-hearted at the moment, that he snatched it up off of the floor and looked at Namjoon's lifeless body.

"This is my second chance to be with you again, Namjoon..." Seokjin pointed the needle at his vein, ready to insert the poison into his body.

"See you on the other side, Dr. Kim." Right when the vampire had aligned the pointed needle with his wrist, he immediately dropped it, losing control of his own body.

"Seokjin."