Holding Back is a Sin

Rapid steps against the school grounds. Their breathes challenged by suspending concern.

Gine was not laboring her breath due to the exhaustion of her body, but the stress of her worries. Izuku was a floor above them, she is close with Inko following behind.

Cheating the stairs, she dashed the walls while the older woman followed as best she could. Eventually, they came across a class of students. Waiting outside. Gine didn't need to ask, she barged in. Only to wish she hadn't.

In the freezing moment in front the Sayian was her friend. Laying in the bed. Covered in bandages. His outfit was torn with blood stains covering most of the GI and exposed body. She walked forward to reach out for Izuku. His face was banged up. Upon closer inspection, there was a deep wound around his collar bone. Still with how grim it was, he was breathing thanks to a machine that occupied his airways.

Gine looked around a bit she saw two men sitting in front of another bed. Both had grim looks on their faces. Senseing the energy of the victims, Izuku's was dangerously low, while the other...was gone. The second victim had died.

Gine jumped at the anguishing cry of the mother. Inko didn't rushed, she wobbled towards her son. Her denial was dragging her down to the edge of the hospital bed.

"I-Izuku? It's mom...look at me." Those words alone shook the Sayian girl. Inko was turing Izuku's head slightly to look at her. His eyes were open but there was no light.

"He has been in and out of consciousness this past hour." Another voice chimes in. The Sayian teen looked to meet an elderly woman. Wielding a cane and wearing a doctors coat.

"You must be his family I assume?" The old woman asked. Gine nodded for her and Inko which was received a grimacing glance.

"I am sorry. Due to the state of his body, none of our technology or medical quirks can heal him. If he hadn't exhausted himself prior to this, then there would have been a chance to heal him. But for now, life-support has been keeping him alive." The nurse spoke. Inko who was silently crying now was sobbing loudly.

The amount of guilt flowed through Gine was tremendous. She couldn't imagine how to feels to be Inko right at that moment. Still though pushing her emotions aside, she needed to know what caused this.

"What happen?" Gine asked the nurse who walked towards Izuku's bed.

"We were attacked by villains."

One and a half hour earlier...

The bus ride was normal, filled with conversation and miscellaneous small talk. Though Izuku wished to at least used this chance to explain himself, he wasn't really given the chance thanks to the cold stares from the girls. Reluctantly, he laid back just thinking about the training he had done with Gine during this week.

Because of the upcoming tournament, it was wise of the Sayian to start learning new techniques. Not martial arts related by KI related. Izuku remembers one of the first KI attacks that he was pressured against by Gine. A knife attack. While it was different from her usual KI blast, Izuku found it interesting that Gine formed her energy in the form of knifes itself. Maybe it had to do with the amount of cooking the Sayian girl was doing recently.

Still though it seemed like work-in-progress. The idea was too vague on what to achieve. But Izuku knew Gine didn't have harmful intentions with it.