Book 2 ~ Chapter 5

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

After Mako and I explained the situation to Raiko, he said that he was going to have a word with Iroh. Raiko promised me that he would keep his job as long as he makes sure no boat from the United Forces leaves the docks. President Raiko left an hour ago, and I was hoping Iroh would follow his conditions. I was pacing through the offices nervously right in front of Mako's desk, while he was sitting on his desk.

"Lei, would you calm down," Mako said, as he kept looking at me.

"What if Iroh already left with Korra?" I said worriedly.

"Lei," Mako called, as I kept pacing anxiously.

"What if President Raiko found out they left and will fire Iroh when they get back?" I said worriedly.

"Lei," Mako called again, as he stood up in front of his desk.

"What if I made the wrong decision?" I rambled on, ignoring him.

Suddenly, Mako stepped in front of me, making me stop pacing. He put his hands on my shoulders and put his head down slightly to level with mine.

"Breathe, Lei. Everything will be alright, okay?" Mako said softly.

I was about to open my mouth to say something, but the door to the offices suddenly bursted open, revealing an angry looking Korra. She looked at the both of us with pure anger, which means she found out about what we did.

"Both of you tipped the President on me and now you're both doing this right in front of me!" Korra shouted angrily, as she approached us.

Mako let go of my shoulders, and stepped in between Korra and I. What does she mean when she said we were doing something in front of her?

"Korra, let me explain," Mako said calmly.

"Explain what? That my boyfriend and best friend not only betrayed me by outing me to President, but are also about to kiss behind my back?!" Korra shouted.

"What? Korra, you know Mako loves you and would never do that," I said truthfully, as I stepped closer to Korra.

"Well, it's not the first time he did something like this right?" Korra retorted, I exhaled sharply.

"Now, that's taking it too far, Korra. If Mako and I didn't decide to step in, then you would've not only risk Iroh to lose his position as General, but also start the war," I said angrily.

"So both of you are on their side then?" Korra said, with an annoyed tone.

"Why does there have to be sides, Korra? The North and the south water tribe have always been united, and starting a war by attacking the North is not the right decision to make as the Avatar," I said.

Korra stayed silent for a few moments, as she looked at me dead straight in her eye.

"You know, It's ironic how you tell me how to make a good decision, when Azula, your grandmother, was known for committing mistakes and making the most horrible decisions," Korra spat.

I clenched my fists, and twitched my eye in anger. I couldn't take it anymore, she was getting me even more.

"Alright, that's enough," Mako said, as he stepped in between us.

"Korra, you have to understand that what we did, was part of our jobs. The President asked us a direct question, what were we supposed to do?," Mako added.

"You betrayed me!" Korra shouted, as she threw Mako's desk on the other side of the room.

I flinched slightly as the desk hit the ground. Papers were scattered everywhere around the room, as the two of them fought continuously.