Chapter 19: Starting From The Bottom

Song Quote: Someone To You
"Dive and disappear without a trace I just wanna be someone Well, doesn't everyone? And if you feel the great dividing I wanna be the one you're guiding 'Cause I believe that you could lead the way."
~~~

Your Pov:
"Finally, all fixed up and Serpentine free" Cole smiled in accomplishment as three out of the four ninja helped put a sign post outside the subway back into place.

You swept the sidewalk and road cleaning up the last bit of the unknown green goo while Lloyd picked up litter and trash.

Thanks to Ninjago's citizens making a group effort the city is looking better than before the serpent's awakening.

Kai stared at his palms with a dejected look on his face. Left powerless without his golden weapon he could barely ignite a spark from his fingertips.

 He grumbled aloud "This is frustrating. Our weapons are gone, and most of our elemental powers are gone."
The other three ninja were to busy trying to keep the pole from crashing down on top of them to worry about their powers.

"I mean, we can still do spinjitzu, but...argh!" Kai groaned attempting to summon his power to weld the sign into place.
The fire ninja's powers flickered unable to ignite a flame. Zane grabbed a nearby blowtorch using the tool to weld the sign to its base exactly how it was once before.

"Here sweep it into my bag" Lloyd called to you as he held his bag to the ground holding it open for you. You swept the last pile of rubble, goo and debris into his trash bag.

Staring at you hands they were wrapped in fresh gauze. You caught Lloyd staring at them for too long before getting back to work.

You could see the worry on his face. There must have been a lot of new found pressure on this boy.

Stress, manageable in small doses, but left alone will fester eventually consuming the host like a parasite. Even worse in children as they are still growing and learning how to manage such emotions.

"I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the devourer, our tanks out of commission, our dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep." You overheard the fire ninja rant aloud.

Zane took off his welding mask telling Kai "No one ever being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

Lloyd looked down at his hands as he clutched the trash bag tightly. You grumbled a bit at the fire ninja's complaints.

Everything could be better but also a lot worse.

Reaching into your satchel you pulled out your cellphone. There was thirty percent of power left, you gave it to Lloyd to play some games.

The boy sat down on the sidewalk as he stared at the small screen while you took his trash bag to throw away.

"Yeah, well I don't feel rich..." The fire ninja replied looking down grumbling to himself.

Jay knelt down picking up a broken tv. "I for one enjoy pitching in" he said as he brought it over to the trash can. Opening the lid allowing Jay to throw it in you discarded Lloyd's trash bag.

"I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help." he finished dusting off his hands looking for the girl in red.

"And I have" Nya replied amidst the low rumbling of her motorcycle with Wu riding in a side car attachment drinking his tea. "I may have found us a place to live." she smiled holding up a card.