Chapter 1

Chapter 1

-Sam-

I was outside walking Bently, like I usually do. He's gotten really big. About half the size of an adult lab. 

You might be thinking, 'Why doesn't Bently attack Kaleb?'. Well Bently can't. Kaleb got Bently to like him, so now when I get my beating, Bently is locked up in another room. 

As I was walking, a big black van parked out front of my flat. That only meant one thing. They were home. 

I continued walking down the street as all my friends piled out of the large van. They all looked so different and not in the good way. They looked worn out and empty. 

"SAM?" Sara shouted, her eyes wide. I waved at her, while Bently pulled me along towards them. He ran straight for Harry, no surprise. 

"Hi guys." I said softly. My voice was hoarse from crying last night. 

"I missed you so much!" Sara chirped, pulling me into a hug. I shrieked in pain as her body crashed against my ribs. I got that three days ago. Kaleb thought it'd be funny to kick me while I was on the floor. 

"Are you okay?!" Danielle gasped. 

"Yeah, fine." I squeaked, placing my hand over my rib. Louis quickly caught on and lifted my grey college sweatshirt up, revealing the huge blue and black splotchy, bruise. 

"Oh my God Sam, what the hell did you do?!" Liam gaped, examining my injury. And out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Kaleb. Watching me intensely, making sure I didn't spill the truth. 

"I, uh, fell down the stairs..?" I answered in more of a question. Kaleb nodded slowly and backed away. 

"I don't think falling down the stairs could do that." Zayn commented. "What's that?" he asked pointing to the scar on my stomach. 

"Nothing." I said quickly, pulling my sweatshirt down. 

"You lost a lot of weight Sam. Your ribs are even more visible now than 2 months ago." Niall spoke. 

"It's nothing guys. C'mon Bently, let's go inside." I whispered and began walking, well limping, up the steps. 

"Why are you limping?" Eleanor questioned. 

Kaleb cut from my thigh down to my calf. 

"Danced on it wrong." I lied and continued my way up the steps. 

"What happened to you?" he asked. Harry. My favorite voice. The one I missed so dearly.