x.

Chapter ten: "Logan"

{Already Had this write, and despite my early start of school tomorrow I found five minutes to spare on this, don't jump me cause you wanted me to update my Wonder Woman story instead 😭}

1 Year Later

Logan never regretted his decision to leave the mansion. He wanted to search for more answers about his past, and he knew he couldn't do that if he was stuck at Xavier's school. As much as it bothered him to leave his friends and the students that respected him, there was no other option. He knew Scott could take over his history and defence classes, and as for Wanda... She would've just had to train with another X-Men as much as it disturbed him. He didn't trust her to be trained by anyone other than himself.

Upon finding little to no new hints about his past, Logan decided to return to the mansion, angered upon realising that the only way he may be able to access the memories is through his nightmares.

"Focus, focus, focus." Wanda muttered to herself from inside the danger room.

"You've got this, Wanda." Jean shouted encouragingly towards the woman. Jean had nothing but faith and confidence that Wanda was able to succeed with her attempt at a new move she had learnt with her ability. Scott and her had moved far back, having seen Wanda pull the move before. They discovered that maybe letting her practice with life-like simulations will give her a better understanding of the feeling of an actual fight.

Jean had set up a simple course, allowing her and Scott to remain a safe distance away while having full control over the entire simulation.

"Hostiles appear in 3... 2... 1!" Scott shouted towards her as the enemies appeared around her with guns raised.

"Freeze!" One of the fake men shouted, and Wanda couldn't help but chuckle, finding the danger room to be much more fun than anticipated.

"And..." Wanda whispered to herself, bring her red, magic fuelled fist onto the ground. Almost like waves, then men tripped and fell their bodies dissolving into dust before they could even touch the ground.

"That's amazing." Scott muttered under his breath from beside Jean, she nodded in agreement.

"Had enough for today? You've been practicing for a couple hours." Jean spoke as the simulation ended itself. Wanda looked over to her and nodded.

"Yeah, I think I should take practice slow, I don't wanna get ahead of myself." She replied as the door automatically opened for the three on their way out. Jean nodded in understanding.

"Well, if you're gonna be taking Logan's defence class when he's not around, you gotta keep it slow. We don't want any of the kids hurting each other, because that means paperwork for me..." Jean said as they walked back up onto the ground floor of the mansion. "And..." She stopped her sentence as she came to a halt.