[6]

Dina's POV

I received a text from Daamir saying he's at the party and if I'm here as well.

I hesitantly text him back saying I'm here.

He replies saying he wants to speak to me about the project. I told him where I'm waiting but that was almost 45 minutes ago.

From the few days we've been working together, Daamir can give off the cold-ish vibes, almost as cold as his steel blue eyes.

There's no denying that he's very handsome but his mood can be quite a roller coaster.

When he's in a good mood, he's really friendly and maybe even slightly flirtatious. But when he's in a bad mood... let's just say I want to curl up in a ball and disappear before I say something that'll set him off instantly.

I sigh, why is it that I get crushes on men who seem like they would probably destroy me the second they get their hands on my heart?

I scan around the room to see Amara slip out of one of the rooms, looking nervous and alarmed.

I quickly try to finish my glass of water because the bartender doesn't want me taking the glass literally a feet away from him.

Just as I finish chugging down my water, I see Daamir slip out of that same room with a smug grin on his face.

I feel all the water I just drank coming back up my throat. What did Amara do?

• • •

Amara's POV

I finally see Dina at the bar, drinking a glass of water. When our eyes meet, she looks like she saw a ghost.

I look around me to see maybe if her expression is related to something else going on but I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

I walk towards her and her hand's slightly shaking. I grab her hand and hold it in mine.

"Dina... did someone slip something in your drink? Do I have to fight someone?" I suddenly get tense. I look at the bartender, about to start a riot but she stops me.

"Y-you... D-Daamir..."

I couldn't understand.

Me? And Daamir? What did we do?

Then my thoughts shoot back to the room. Maybe she saw him coming out of there after I walked out or maybe she saw him walking in right before I walked out.

He's out that quickly? Damn, that was fast.

I shake my head to stop myself from getting sidetracked.

"Dina!" I yell. "Don't you even dare think that! I went into that room to read nama'az. Daamir happens to walk in with some girl to do Lord knows what."

Somehow, as if God was listening, the girl that was with him walks out of the room the minute I said that.

"Look! It's that girl!" I point.

Dina looks at me with her puppy eyes. "I'm sorry, Amara. I didn't mean to point fingers so quickly. You looked horrified coming out of that room and he looked... pleased. So I just thought—I'm so sorry!"

"My sweet child, I'd never get mad at you. Of course I understand that could look pretty odd. But I know you'd believe me in a heartbeat." I wink.

She shakes her head in disappointment in herself. "I shouldn't have doubted you in the first place. I'm sorry."

"It's really okay!" Suddenly, I gasp. "Wait, could it be?"