04 [ 10 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

STEVE

The rest of the team filed out of the room for a break. Leaving Tony and Nat who were lazing on top of the desk, and Bruce had taken up the space on the floor.

I made myself comfortable on the couch in the corner, feeling completely exhausted as I silently listened in on their conversation regarding the stones.

"That time stone guy..." Nat starts, but can't seem to remember the wizard's name.

"Doctor Strange." Bruce helps her along.

"Yeah, what kind of Doctor was he?" She asks.

"Neuro stuff meets rabbit from a hat." Tony says.

"Nice place in the village though." Bruce comments.

Tony nods in agreement with Bruce, even though he couldn't see him. "Yeah, Sullivan Street."

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Nat asks next.

"Uh, Bleecker." Bruce guesses.

"No, he lived in Toronto." Tony replies.

"No, no. It's Bleecker and Sullivan." Bruce argues.

Nat sighs, "Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

Bruce immediately sits up, looking at Nat with wide eyes.

"Shut the front door!" Bruce exclaims.

I shot up in my seat as well, glancing at the trio who were now on full alert, except Nat who was still lying down comfortably in her spot.

"Well, what year is that?" I ask.

She shoots me a look, "I don't know, do the math yourself."

"The Tesseract and the sceptre were in New York during the Chitauri attack." Tony mumbles to no one in particular, "That was what? Eleven years ago?"

His face scrunches up in distaste, "Oh god, we're old."

"Well, some not as old as others." Nat jokes as she shoots me a look.

I roll my eyes, but couldn't help but smiles "So, 2012? Was the time stone in New York at that time too?"

"From what I know, I'm pretty sure it was." Bruce replies.

"That's it then." I said, rising from my seat, "Gather the team. It's time to get to work."

Bruce leaves to get the others and soon they've all returned to the room.

Tony pulls up a hologram, showing the different stones and their respective locations; the Soul and Power Stone on Vormir and Morag in 2014. The Reality Stone on Asgard in 2013 and the Space, Time and Mind Stones in New York, 2012.

"Alright, we have a plan." I address the team, "Six Stones, three teams. One shot."

I turn to look at them, "Nebula, Rhodey, you'll retrieve the Power Stone. I'll get the Sceptre, Tony and Scott will be in charge of the Tesseract." I instruct, "Nat, Clint, Soul Stone. Rocket, you take Thor for the Reality Stone. Any problems?"