Chapter 2

“Welcome love, make yourself at home.” Clara said to me opening the door.

I entered slowly, while my eyes captured every part of that nice place, completely different from the disorder that's in my house.

Here everything seems in order, millimetrically accommodated, even the flowers are part of the decoration of the room.

“Come to my room!” Chris said taking my hand.

“May I ?” I asked Clara.

“This house is my life” Clara said.

I smiled gratefully and let myself be carried away by that extremely cute child, who was taking me up the stairs.

Taylor was coming after us, laughing.

“Chris was anxious when he was told that he would have a new sister.” She said smiling “That's the only thing he's been talking about for days.”

“I was also very excited to come.” I said and smiled.

We enter a room of any child's dreams,
all kinds of toys exist in this place,
Chris showed me everything, as I wouldn't stay here the rest of the, in a reckless and hasty manner. When he was distracted with a cart, Taylor took me out of the room.

“You can thank me later” she said laughing, referring to the fact of having taken me out of that room. “I find you very brave... for the fact that you come alone to another country.”

“Ah, I'm already used to that, my sister is just like him, the only difference is that she's a girl. ” I said laughing.
“It was a crazy idea that I had.”

“Do you have siblings?” Taylor asked surprised, I think I did not mention that.

“I have a sister, Sofia.” I smiled at her
“she is the same age as Chris.”

“Oh, that's good!” she smiled
“It must have been something strange for you having to speak a different language.”

“At the beginning it was a little complicated, because I had to talk all the time and I am not used to it. But with practice, I think that soon I will be feeling like i am home, literally.”

“I will do my best to make you feel like home” she said and I smiled at her, I already worshiping my new ‘sister’.

Taylor showed me the rest of the house, then we went back to the room where I talked a little more with everyone.
-

“Can I call my mom?” I asked without shame. “Just to let her know that I arrived and I am okay.”

“Sure, yes.” Clara said and handed me the phone.

“Do you know how to call?” I nodded.
“Thank you.” I said, placing the phone in my ear.

“Hello?...” My eyes began to fill with tears as I heard my mother's voice.

“It's all right mom, I like everyone here.”
I smiled, feeling better when I was speaking Spanish again. I let a tear fall.

“I miss you too a lot. Give Sofi a kiss and tell dad I'll send him an email soon, I don't want to spend a lot on the phone...” I said chewing my lower lip.

“I love you too, mom. Kisses.”

I ended the call, still crying.
Taylor came towards me and hugged me.

I realized that everyone was there without any reaction, and I was forced to stop crying, I just smiled.

“Excuse me for that.”

“Oh, my love, you do not need to apologize!” Clara said and I smiled “Whenever you need a hug you can count on any of us.”

I nodded and thanked her, we didn't talking about any kind of things while we were having dinner.

At midnight Taylor and I were already lying in her room, when suddenly we heard an argument that came from the room.

“I only asked you to do one thing Lauren, one thing and you did not do it.” Clara said in a somewhat sad voice.

“Don't start, I'm not in the mood to listen to sermons.” Lauren said

“Stay still.” Clara ordered her furious.

“I warned you all week that you can't leave today.”  she said almost screaming.
“You knew that we would go get Camila.”

“It's okay, it's okay, you made it, alright” she said, without much importance.

“You smell like cigarettes Lauren” she said almost to mourn. “I asked you to stop smoking and do all those things, but it is clear that you don't listen to me.
And that's the last thing I checked if you did today. I demanded something and you didn't do it and it was not somethiny impossible to do... I just wanted you to accompany us to the airport.”

“HERE YOU ARE.” Lauren said to me

“I'm not Mexican, I had a life before I had to care about looking for her. Can you calm down ?” she said something severe, leaving me scared. “And do not start with the drama because of that or the cigarettes or whatever.”

“I can't believe you, Lauren. I'll give you a warning, if you get to treat her badly, our conversation end up being different.” Clara said.

Then, all they heard were footsteps going up the stairs and a door closing.

“It's always the same.” Taylor whispered in a sigh. “Excuse me for that, Lauren is a jerk.”

“Your sister?”

“Yes.” She said taking a deep breath.

“She is irresponsible, she is always annoying and she doesn't respect anyone, not even my parents” she took a pause.
“I think she is involved in something much worse than cigarettes or drinking.”

I was shocked, with such a nice family, all so sweet, how can she be so ‘rebellious’?

“I think she's like that because of me. ”
I said “because they force her to come.”

“It's not because of that, Lauren always makes a scene like that, and every night about something new. And the punishments are in vain, she stays the same”.
She was silent for a while, but continued “Ignore those things, fights between her and my parents are very constant.”

After all that silence reigned in the house, I was thoughtful for a moment.
I confess that I'm a little afraid of Lauren.
Then I ended up falling asleep without realizing it.