CHAPTER ONE

FLASHBACK

MADISON'S POV
"Slow down Maddy, you don't want to choke" my dad said as we ate dinner together. But I couldn't care less because my mom and sister who left the country for a business trip in France were coming back today. My sister got to tag along with my mom because she was already done with her highschool exams which meant more holidays for her before her graduation..lucky her. Elena got to see the Eiffel tower, the Eiffel freaking tower!. Plus she needed to learn more about the business as she was the one to take over in the future. While me on the other hand was still in the sixth grade stacked up with loads of school work to do. I tried convincing my parents that I could catch up with school works later after the trip but they downright refused. I could remember my dad's words clearly " Maddy you can't compare yourself to your sister, she's older and more matured while you're still too young " and then my mom added "there's time for everything baby and now is definitely not the time for you to leave your school and travel for a month. Plus your sister needs this break".

My parents were owners of a fashion and designing company "House Of Hatter", they took studies seriously and yes, they did go to school and passed through every level, I mean you don't have to be the owner of a law firm or telecommunication industry before you're labelled as " educated" right?. They both studied fashion and designing in the same university with my dad focusing on shoe designing and my mom clothing designing. As a matter of fact, that was how they met themselves. They described their meeting as "one of a kind".

My mom was running late to a seminar with a bottle of water and an aspirin. According to her, she went for an all night party the previous day which resulted to the huge pounding headache, the nauseating feeling and her tardiness to the seminar. She walked inside trying her best not to be the center of attention as she searched for a place to sit, she saw an empty seat beside my dad and sat there. He turned to her with a smile and said " hi" but before she could say anything, she vomited on him, apparently she became the center of attention she was trying so hard to avoid. She stood up quickly and took my dad to the restroom to help clean him up muttering a lot of "I'm so sorry". My dad who had the scent  of strawberry fragrance now reeked of alcohol. After she cleaned him up, they introduced themselves properly and exchanged numbers and other medium of communication they had at that point. After that day, things changed between them. They got to do things together and they combined their ideas and skills together, that was how they created " The House Of Hatter"

My dad and I were to go and pick them from the airport after dinner and I didn't want to waste anytime.  I missed them so much and I couldn't wait to see them. Once we were done eating, I went to wash my hands as my nanny Lupe cleared the dishes, and my dad picked his phone to call our driver Taylor. Taylor was While we were waiting for the driver, I used that time and went upstairs to tidy my room because I didn't want my mom to come back to seeing my room disorganized. After I was done, I landed on my bed with my back as I waited for Taylor, I looked towards the right to my dresser and saw a picture of I , my sister, my parents and grandparents. It was a picture that was taken during Christmas two years ago when I was in the fourth grade, I stood up and grabbed the picture looking at it as I traced my fingers on it, I realised how blessed I was to have a wonderful family. I was cut short from my thoughts when I heard the sound of the doorbell, I quickly ran downstairs holding the picture. Expecting to see Taylor in his usual cheerful attitude rather, he looked worried like he'd heard something terrible. He kept mute for a while before he spoke "Sir, there's something I need to tell you but before I do that I'll have to confirm".. My dad gave him a confused look, he didn't understand what was going on.." OK go on I'm listening " was the only thing he told Taylor