Chapter 4

I grabbed the lunch made for me by the chefs in the main Sohma house and put it on the table. I then felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little, but I turned around and saw Tohru.

"You look lonely all by yourself over here Motto, would you like to eat lunch with us? Oh! Do you mind if I call you Motto? It's just I thought I would shorten your name because saying your long name might get confusing sometime. Maybe I should stop talking." Tohru said to me.

"I would love to have lunch with you Tohru, and I think it would be wonderful if you would call me by the nickname you made up!" I said with a smile. She smiled back at me. She then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards where we were going to eat.

We were sitting outside by the fence of the school. I was sitting here with Tohru, and two new friends Uo and Hana. I was eating my rice ball silently as the other three talked about some other things. Overall, it was the best feeling I have ever had, being accepted as a friend. I felt so special that at least some people liked me.

The final bell had rang and I was packing up to leave. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around and saw Tohru.

"Hi Motto!" She said to me

"Oh, Hi Tohru." I said to her as I walked out of the school. She started to walk with me as we walked home.

"I wanted to ask you somthng." She said to me, I looked at her with interest. "At lunch today you seemed a little distant. Is something going on?" She asked me.

"Well, I was suprised." I started to tell her. "I've never had a friend before. Every person that I've ever met has been mean and picks on me al the time because I'm a push over. I never knew that having a friend would make me so happy." I said to her. She looked at me with shock.

"Wow." She said to me. "I never knew that you have never had a friend. You must have been so lonely..."

"It doesn't matter now though." I said to her with a slight smile as I looked down at the sidewalk while I was walking. "I've got friends now, so I don't feel so lonely now."

"I guess so." Tohru said to me, chuckling.

"Tohru!" I heard a familiar voice yell. We turned around and saw Yuki and Kyo run not up to us.

"So now you hear us!" Kyo yelled, hands on his knees while he was panting.

"Where you calling for me before?" Tohru asked, clearly confused.

"Damn right we were!" Kyo yelled back.

"Calm down you stupid cat." Yuki started to say, Kyo clearly angry. "We wanted to inform you and Miss Morumotto, that Miss Morumotto's house was probably not our house."

Me and Tohru both looked up and saw a house. It was probably theirs. How did this happen in the first place? "Oh it's my fault I was talk to you and distracted you to where you were supposed to go I'm a idiot and I'm very sorry!" Tohru said to me.

"Oh no it's fine. I should have noticed before that this wasn't the way home." I said to her.

"How about we make it up to you and invite you for a cup of tea?" Yuki asked me.

"Oh- um- I g-guess that sounds nice." I said to them.

They then led my inside and sat me down at a table. Tohru was in the kitchen getting the tea ready. "Oh Kyo, Yuki!" It's nice to see your home! Tohru too!" I man wearing a kimono said while walking in. He then opened his eyes and looked surprised to find I wasn't Tohru.

The real Tohru walked out of the kitchen with glasses of tea in hand. "Oh! Hi Shigure!" She said.

"Um, who is this?" Shigure asked pointing to me.

"Shigure, this is Morumotto. Morumotto, this is Shigure." Yuki said, introducing us. Oh, Shigure! I've heard stories about him form Hatori about him. He's the dog and, from what I heard, is kinda a pervert.

"I-It's nice to m-meet you sir." I said, slightly bowing to him.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you!" He said back. He then sat next to me and started to shake my hand. I smiled back at him.

Tohru then began to serve the tea and we all chatted about some other things. I already knew some things about Shigure before he told me them though. Like he was a writer.

When we were all done with our tea, Tohru put all the cups on a tray and started carrying it to the kitchen. The was in the middle of the doorway when she started to trip.

"Tohru!" Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure yelled. They then dived for her. I knew what was going to happen next.

Clouds of colorful smoke filled the room and when it was cleared, you could see a rat, a cat, a dog, and Tohru.