72 | T-minus 3 Days

"So I'm finally down to two options," Jemma told Miren as she placed two dresses on top of Jeno's comforter. The cheerleader then stood back to examine the gowns as if she hadn't looked at them a million times already. In a fleeting moment her eyes found Miren's. "Well?"

Miren pursed her lips, but it wasn't in contemplation. The two dresses existed on polar spectrums: one was a sleeveless v-cut black midi dress with mesh tulle, and could best be described as a classy but sexy take on a little black dress. The other was a floor length leg-slit dress, with a cascading ombre of rich purples that alluded sex appeal and confidence.

"Do I even have to say it?" Miren then replied, folding her arms.

"Good, you passed," Jemma announced, clasping her hands. "The black dress is for you. Try it on."

Miren's eyes widened. "What? No."

"Come on," Jemma said, before walking toward her backpack and pulling out a pair of matching black heels and a bedazzled mask. "I didn't push for the prom theme to be Masquerade Mystery for no reason." She proceeded to push said accessories into Miren's hands. "You still have that performance with Axel's band. You can't go on stage like a dude - or in subpar attire."

"Don't remind me," Miren mumbled, rubbing her fingers along the black mask. It had a metallic finish and a maroon rose detail on the top border and was silky to the touch. It also covered the entire upper half of the face, making it both beautiful and practical. She looked up at Jemma is admiration. "Thank you so much."

"With Penelope and Olive suspended, you don't have to worry about them ruining the night," Jemma said proudly with her hands on her hips. "And you're welcome - now put it on! I'm not leaving until you dazzle me!"

With a playful groan, Miren marched to the bathroom with the dress, shoes and mask in tow. Although the dress was easy enough to put on, it was hard not to be overwhelmed with emotion. Here Jemma was, like the older sister she had always wanted, helping her get ready for prom - she was going to prom!

Although the Miren of yesteryear probably would have cared less about the idea, if not dreaded it, something resembling excitement bubbled inside her stomach. Sure she had to perform a few songs with BANG!, but it suddenly seemed like an epically small price to pay.

Once she zipped up her dress, she took a deep breath before slipping on the heels and stepping back into the room. "How does it look--"

"I think I'm going to cry," Jemma said, her face shriveling as she fake sniffled. "You look so good!"

"You really think so?" Miren said, twisting her torso in the gown and flexing her toes in the heels as if to test how the ensemble would hold up in sport. Or running away from an angry mob should her identity be revealed. A girl had to be prepared.

But the grown did look great on her. Although the fabric was black, it looked radiant against her dark brown skin. Her figure was slim but strong, and it hugged her curves the right way. She was red carpet ready, and they hadn't even discussed make-up options yet.

Before Jemma could respond, the doorknob began to turn, and Jeno, dressed in sweaty athletic wear, emerged. When his eyes landed on his girlfriend, however, it was hard for him not to stare. Miren rolled her eyes.

"Well, he obviously hates it."

Without missing a beat he dropped his tennis bag on the floor and moved in front of Miren. He swiftly cupped her cheeks and kissed her. Miren just blinked, before her eyes briefly touched Jemma, who looked equally offended and disgusted.