033

Trust

The next morning Namjoon pulls her closer to him as he hears her sniffling, his heart clenching when he sees her puffy red eyes.

"I'm going to wash up first." She says wiping her cheeks and he nods, hesitantly letting her go.

After they both wash up, they open door, revealing Jungkook curled up into a ball by the door frame.

With a sigh, Namjoon crouches down down next to the sleeping boy and softly shakes his shoulder. "Wake up Kook-ah."

The bunny stirs for a brief moment before his eyes snap open and he jumps to his feet. "H-hyung!"

"Let's go to the living room okay?" Namjoon says and Jungkook curiously nods his head in response, hot on the elder's trail as he walks away.

As she makes her way to the living room, EunMin's eyes linger on the door of the boy's room, softly pressing her forehead against it as she debates if she should knock or not. But in the end, she lets out a small breath and drops her hand by her side, joining the other two on the couch.

The atmosphere is awkward and quiet as they all exchange brief glances until EunMin speaks up.

"Could you tell us what happened?" EunMin softly asks, watching as Jungkook swallows hard, his hands squeezing his knees. "Please?" She asks reaching out to grab his hand.

"We all need to talk it out so we can avoid situations like this in the future." Namjoon says and Jungkook nods in understanding. "We don't really know much about hybrids, so if there's anything we need to know, please tell us Kook-ah."

Jungkook chews on the inside of his cheek as he looks at the detectives, their eyes showing nothing but concern for them, and after a long pause, he finally nods.

"O-okay." Jungkook starts taking in a deep breath. All this time, the detectives had been willing to put their lives on the line without knowing much about them, it's time they tell them everything that he knows.

"Um...okay...so....." Jungkook stutters out, his knee bouncing up and down as he thinks of the words to say. "Well, what happened is that...some days our animal side is more present than others and that can make us, um, behave different." Jungkook mutters quietly. And although his voice was low, the detectives were able to hear him perfectly, his statement bringing back a few memories.

As her brain processes his words, EunMin recalls seeing Taehyung giving Jungkook his vegetables while the younger boy exchanged his meat in return.

And on several occasions, Jungkook had to be chewing something frequently.

How come she hadn't payed more attention to it before?

"D-did we make you feel like we rejected your animal side?" She asks wiping her nose with her sleeve and Jungkook shakes his head. "Then why?"

"I-it's not that noona." Jungkook says looking away, a slight blush painting his cheeks. "It's just embarrassing, that's all." He adds clearing his throat at the end.

"I know this isn't easy for you bud," Namjoon says placing a warm hand on Jungkook's thigh, "but thank you for opening up."