Chapter 26: The Diary

I do not own Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Underlines - Quotes from the book

Song

By the time the school had started back up, Harry was told by Draco that Hermione had been in the infirmary because she had gotten sick, she became so bad that she didn't want anyone to see her in case she spread the sickness.

Harry instantly got her a Get-Well card and small teddy bear, feeling himself blush the entire time because of the look of awe and almost tears in her eyes.

"Harry, you didn't have to," Hermione said with teary eyes.

"You're my friend," Harry muttered embarrassed as he shifted from foot to foot.

Hermione didn't seem to be able to say anything as she wiped her eyes and pulled Harry in a hug. Unknown to Harry, this was the first time beside Christmas that she really knew that she had friends. It was still foreign to her from her years before Hogwarts.

"Um, yeah, so I'll just...see you around...or something," Harry muttered as his face almost became as Red as the Weasley family hair.

Hermione just chuckled softly as her friend fled from her and shook her head fondly. Only Harry would be embarrassed about giving a friend a get-well gift.

As he was walking away, he noticed Finch muttering under his breath about talking to Dumbledore finally or something. Pausing and wondering what's wrong with his other friend, Harry went the way he had exited and saw a puddle outside Myrtle's Bathroom.

He's heard about Myrtle, she was a ghost that had a habit of crying and seemed to make her base the girl's bathroom, making them use other ones instead of hers.

Though, Harry just felt bad for Myrtle, to him, she shouldn't have become a ghost unless through magical means, because if it had been through a mortal death (or nonmagical he should say given how young she was) her magic wouldn't have been pulled to stay in the plane.

She was obviously distraught about something, and with how much she cries and people make fun of her, Harry wondered where her friends were. If she had any at least.

Steeling himself up and glancing around for anyone, he slipped into the bathroom. If she didn't have any friends, then he would be her friend. Everyone deserves a friend, he knew what it was like to not have any.

Myrtle, or as others commonly called her: Moaning Myrtle, sat in a stall and was crying seemingly louder than what he had heard outside of the bathroom.

"Myrtle, are you okay?" Harry asked gently as he moved to stand in front of her.

"Who's that?" glugged Myrtle miserably. "Come to throw something else at me?"

Harry waded across to her stall and said, "Why would I throw something at you?"

"Don't ask me," Myrtle shouted, emerging with a wave of yet more water, which splashed onto the already sopping floor. "Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me. . . ." (- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 229-230) After that she had burst into tears once more, spilling more water on the floor.

Harry moved closer, not minding the fact his shoes were starting to get wet. Kneeling in front of her, Harry calmed upon his magic and concentrated it in his hands as he rested one against her knee to draw her attention.

She startled so bad that Harry almost felt guilty but he pushed the guilt aside as her teary eyes met his.

"I'm sorry that someone threw a book at you Myrtle, it's probably uncomfortable, having something thrown at you even if you don't feel it. I'm sure it startled you really badly," Harry murmured softly.