Chapter 5

Blair was going through her closet, searching for something to wear to dinner with her uncle when there was a knock on her door

Blair was going through her closet, searching for something to wear to dinner with her uncle when there was a knock on her door. More like a banging, really.

"Yeah, who's on the other side?" She called, pushing aside her black sweater and pulling out a Def Leppard shirt.

"It's Jason." Blair was tempted to get in her closet and shut the door.

"Oh, I thought it was someone important. What do you want?"

"Can we talk?"

"What are we doing right now?" Blair smirked. She heard a thud on her door, probably from Jason hitting his head. The thought made her laugh.

"Blair—"

"If I hear my name in that tone again, I will stab the person saying it!" Blair warned. All day long people had been saying her name like a warning or lecture was going to follow it, she wasn't about to let Jason Todd lecture her too.

"Just let me in!" Jason whined, followed by consistent pounding on her door. Groaning loudly, Blair walked over to the door. She opened the door as Jason fell to her feet, having been leaning against the door only moments before. "Thank you, about time."

"I meant it when I said I would stab you Todd. Speak now or forever hold your peace." Blair warned, going back to her closet to pull out a pair of ripped skinny jeans.

"What is your problem with me?" Jason snapped, getting up from the floor. Blair threw the jeans onto her bed, crossing her arms in annoyance.

"Seriously? You were caught trying to steal the hubcaps off the Batmobile and got offered my best friend's position. Am I supposed to like you?" She huffed. It was unbelievable. She was seriously having this argument when she had to cover up bruises to meet her uncle. Just another problem caused by Jason Todd.

"He was your best friend? How the fuck was I supposed to know that?!?" Jason exclaimed. She was being unbelievable, thinking he knew what he was doing.

"Think about it Birdbrain! Batman was spotted out on his own, but Knight Wolf and Robin were always together! Everyone knows that!" Blair rubbed her temples.

"Then maybe you should be a little, I don't know, less of a bitch to me then! I'm going to be your partner, maybe you should start acting like one!" Blair narrowed her eyes at Jason's words. She didn't care that he called her a bitch, she cared that he thought they were going to be like her and Dick.

"Let me get this through your thick head, okay? You are not, nor will you ever be Dick Grayson. You're Batman's partner, not mine. Keep it that way." Blair turned on her heel, stomping over to her vanity mirror to start covering her bruises. Jason followed, confused as to why she was hiding them.