Dangerous Rehab

She saw herself, covered in blood and bruised. She was falling into a pit of fire, even though it looked like she would hit the ground soon it felt infinite. 

She could hear voices. Voices that were frantic and nervous. The pit she was falling towards kept getting farther every time she got close. She was paralyzed, unable and unwilling to move. Too weak to care anymore.

"Hurry! She losing blood!" A male voice had shouted.

"Dad, what happened to her." A female voice, softer, calmer. 

Who? Who are they talking about? What's going on? 

"Her liver, I'm not sure if it got cut, but two arteries got damaged." The male voice had spoken, much more calmly this time.

She continued to fall, but now ash was floating around her. It was almost beautiful. All she wanted to do was let go. She just wanted to stop caring.

A familiar voice started to speak, "Please. Just help her." His voice was nervous much more than the others.

"We will David, don't worry." The female voice had spoken again.

Instead of falling she had begun to float. She was determined now, she began swimming in mid-air trying to get to the exit that may not exist.

~

Lena had woken up with a large frightened breath. She looked around and found she was in a bed in an unfamiliar place. She started to panic. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and started to walk around looking for something to defend herself. She had found a letter opener.

She opened the door and walked around the apartment, luckily it was night so no one knew she was awake.

She had opened a bedroom door and saw Frank laying in the bed. She went up to him and shook him. 

When he woke up he took a large frightened breath almost identical to hers. "Frank, we have to go."

He shook his head, "Lena, we're safe." He looked at her with drowsiness in his eyes. "Your bleeding." he pointed to her stomach. She looked down and touched the blood that was seeping through her shirt.

She looked at him suspiciously, "I'm sorry, but I don't trust that. I can't trust strangers like you do, Frank."

He sighed, "Sleep in here then. If anything happens I'll keep you safe."

Lena nodded then laid on the floor next to the bed. She curled in a ball keeping the letter opener close to her chest.

~

She woke up to someone opening the door. She immediately sat up and pointed the letter opener at them.

"Frank?" A familiar voice called.

Frank sat up too and saw Lena. The man behind the door peaked his head in and also saw Lena.

"Oh my god. Lena. What happened?" David had said as Lena lowered the opener. He pointed at the pool of blood under her.

David left the room shouting for somebody, Lena had looked up at Frank, "Who's house is this? Where are we?"

Before Frank could answer a man barged in. He immediately rushed to Lena's side and lifted up her shirt to see her stomach. Memories from the basement made their return. She kicked at the man and grabbed for the letter opener.

"Get away from me!" She screamed, the man did as he was told and backed away. "Give me that." She pointed at the first aid kit the man held.

"Let me help you." He had said.

She took the kit, "I know how to take care of myself." She went to the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

When she had gotten done stitching her wounds she found that Frank was no longer there.

She walked up to David, "Where is he?"

David shrugged his shoulders, "Left ten minutes ago." Lena sat on the bed, "Are you not gonna go after him?" David had asked.

"If he didn't want to wait for me then maybe he doesn't want me to go at all." She said, calmness in her voice.

David sat next to her on the bed, "Even though he doesn't show it he cares about you. I know he's one of the few that you trust with your life."

"Yea, maybe I just need to be Ally again. You know, start over." David nodded.

"I get it, Lena." 

With that, Lena left out the apartment door with no expectations of what was going to happen next.