Chapter 12

THEA

"Hey, I'm going with your mum today."

"Where are you two going?"

"She wanted to go shopping," I joined him in the kitchen and took a seat. "Are you okay being alone?"

"It's fine. I have my best-mate coming over today."

I looked at him. "You have a best-mate?"

He gave me a look. "What? You think I have no friends?"

"I've never met any of your friends, I assumed you were too busy to have one." I bit into the scramble eggs. "God, I'm so starving."

Arthur sipped his morning coffee. "You didn't eat dinner last night. And I do have a few friends I'm still very closed with."

"I was so tired after work, I could pass out. It's a good thing that it's the weekend and I don't have work to do today."

The past 2 days had been exhausting for me. Work was hectic and we had to stay a little longer at work to fix some problems. Last night was the worst, I actually came back from work around 11 pm and literally skipped dinner just as how exhausted I was last night. Today I woke up with a hungry stomach.

"Anyway who's your friend?"

"Name's River, and his wife Lily. We've been friends since high school."

"You guys are still friends until now? That's lovely."

"Yeah, it's a good thing we live in the same city."

He then announced that he would be in his office room to finish some unfinished works, I took this chance to take a shower and get ready, Elisa would pick me up anytime soon. I wore my green denim jacket and let my hair fall. I decided to just wait for Elisa downstairs in the living room so I grabbed my purse and my phone with me. I stopped by Arthur's office room and peaked in to see that he was typing on his laptop.

"Hey, I'll be leaving soon."

"Have fun. Say Hi to my mum, please." he said without averting his eyes from the screen. Guess he was really busy.

"Will do. I'll see you when I get back."

*

"Tell me, dear. Have you finally decided whether to keep the house? The papers are finalized a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard from you about it." Elisa asked as she sipped her coffee.

A few weeks ago, my parents' house ownership paper had finalized and it was now under my name. I got a call from the attorney a few weeks ago, asking if I wanted to keep the house or to sell it but I hadn't decided it yet. A part of me wanting to keep the house because it held so much memories with my parents, but at the same time the house would be empty and abandoned.

Elisa listened to everything I said about the house, how I wanted to keep the house but had to figure out the way to take care of it. I didn't ever want to sell it, I wanted to keep my parents' last memories, but I didn't know how to handle it.

"If you really want to keep the house then that's fine, keep it. I know how much the house means to you. But if I may suggest, you can use the house as an orphanage or a home-school where you can hire teachers to volunteer, that way the house won't be empty."