Chapter 7-Scars

You could hear a pin drop in the silent's that swallowed the room. Charlie's face was a resemblance of pure heartache; I had been wearing that mask for 2 weeks before the accident. I knew it all too well.

"What do you mean?" I reply, "Who's your mate? Does anyone else know you've found her?"

"Her name is Izzy, no, no one knows besides for you and...its complicated" he says crossing his arms and trying to put on a face that shows he doesn't care, I can see though his charade just like he could see through mine.

"Izzy....she was with Leo..." I say trying to grab the memory.

"You remember?" He asks me looking shocked.

"Yeah, Izzy and someone else. But I can't remember..." I say tugging at the memory that was stored at the back of my mind.

"His name's Dave." Charlie says and from his tone I can tell that he doesn't like Dave. Just great.

"Charlie...I know how hard it is but I'm sure she'll accept you." I say softly. But I had said the wrong thing, we were back to Leo and I.

"Which is why I don't think you would kiss him, he hurt you. " he says and I can see that I'm not going to get anywhere with him. In his mind Leo is... Bad, he's the man who hurt his baby sister and I won't be able to change his mind. Not yet anyway.

"Maybe he said something to change my mind; he said he's sorry Charlie. He wants to change!" I say getting frustrated with him.

"Maybe? You have no proof! He left! He rejected you! Why do you trust him?" He yelled, and I broke.

"Because maybe I was stupid enough to want a mate that loves me. Maybe I don't want to be alone forever. Maybe just Maybe I plan on having kids one day with my mate, maybe people deserve another chance!" I explode.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you, I'm just..." Charlie says panicking, he sat down beside me. Until Leo opened the door. All blood cleared from his face. And nose healed because our werewolf perks.

"Can I please talk to Leo for a while?" I ask Charlie through our mind link.

"Yeah...I have to go talk to someone anyway." He answers. Hugs me one last time then leaves Leo and him sharing a death glare as he closes the door.

"Are you okay?" Leo asks and walks in and sits next to me on the bed. I just nod.

"What happened?" he asks, carefully rubbing my back. And I can tell that there was not a mistake he is my mate the sparks jump around us, but I don't answer for a minute.

"He told me to be careful. He wanted to know how I could trust you when you hurt me so badly; the only thing is I don't know how I can." I whisper and he flinches.

"I swear I will never do that to you ever again, but your brother's right. You deserve someone who never had hurt you." He says in a strained voice. "I was an idiot, I've made a lot of mistakes but the biggest one was hurting you."

I turned my face so that ours were inches apart. And our eyes were locked on each others and my heart rate sped up. "Do you think you can try and change...so that you won't hurt me again?" I ask fearing the answer more than asking the question.

"I'll try" he says taking my hands in his.

"Do you have any idea how many times I've seen moments like these in a movie and thought that it looked stupid, but now..." I say smiling. And he smiles back "I think that this will work, we will work."

We sat like that for a long time. But when I moved to give him a hug. Slowly my eyelids started to droop. And I fell asleep with my head on Leo's shoulder.