Author's Note

Hello to all my lovely readers!
(Edit: Quick announcement - If you somehow want more of Seonghwa x Akira, they do appear in Crescent--- quite a large chunk actually. Because apparently I can't get over them kjasdfhkaj just so you know 😂)

Finally, after months of writing and stressing (occasionally) because I was down with writer's block, this story has finally come to an end. It's quite challenging trying to juggle between my studies and writing consistently, so I'm grateful that I managed to finish writing the story. This idea actually started coming to me in August 2018 after I read the book 'Everless' by Sara Holland - where time is currency, extracted from their blood. The idea of your blood amounting to something really precious intrigued me, and the idea of a story based on the notion 'your worth is as much as the colour of your blood' came to me then. I did take some time to lay down and write all the ideas I had related to the outcomes and characters of the story, and only after a while did I decide to post the story (I never knew whether anyone would actually read it TT).

In case you were wondering why it is named Ishihara: Ishihara test is a test that is done to pick up on colour blindness, especially the red-green colour deficiency. I wanted the story to have a one-word title that could somehow deliver the whole point of the story, and since I came across this term when I was studying, it struck me as a fitting title. My first plan for the setting of the story was it to be in the past, but I figured I would write better in a setting where it is the neo-future - not quite advanced (because they lost almost all of their previous technology), but not that primitive either. It's a new genre I'm trying, and I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out.

At first I only wrote up until the 50th chapter, but since I was unhappy with my own ending (my original idea was to have a generally sad ending but then I grew attached to the characters and I wanted them to find happiness), I decided to write the second pathway so that everyone can at least have a somewhat happy ending.

Although there are still some things unsolved in the second pathway, such as:
1. Wooyoung who couldn't find his birth parents, which ultimately didn't lead to him meeting Suria,
2. Akira would go on without knowing she actually lost her ability to see colours when she was young, and was not actually born with it and
3. The ending showed that not all of them will live at the palace, because they have found their own place of belonging.

That was why I decided that although the second pathway would have a fairly happier ending, not everyone can get everything they want to; there are still some things they have to lose. This was how invested I am in the characters of the book that I actually felt bad when I finished writing the first pathway.

(you're probably already tired of this story lol don't worry it's finally over although there is a little something in the next few chapters)

Finally, I hope that you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. All the reads, votes and comments really do mean a lot to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all those who stayed until the end of this story, and I hope one day I'm able to conjure up a new idea to write another one. I'm sorry for any discrepancies in the story and if you are ever dissatisfied with how it turned out; I'm trying hard to improve myself everyday. Some of you came up with theories that I never could have thought of, and I'm always impressed when I read the comments. This story has come a long way and words can never express how grateful I am ; ;

Although this is probably out of place, do take into account that ATEEZ' characters in this story do not reflect fully on how they are and how they behave in real life, as this story is purely based on my imagination (but let's be honest all of them are literal kings). With that, once again I thank all of you and I hope that you will continue to support ATEEZ as these boys deserve all the love in the world <3

First chapter posted: 31 January 2019
Final chapter posted: 10 June 2019 [ATEEZ comeback let's do this ATINYs]

Thank you, and I hope we will be able to meet in another story. I love all of you <3
dreamperfection